1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Really lucrative fields but is biophysics such?

1. Mar 4, 2010 #1
    Hey,
    I'm currently taking a _nap_ for a year and starting uni next year. I've decided to go towards physics and if I go further, biophysics would be the one. which I would pursue. I know that biochemistry and other things related to biology are really lucrative fields but is biophysics such? I'm going to do my best, but if the chances are slim to get a job in it I still have time to change my path.
    I know this is way ahead, but doing PhD in Biophysics in Japan. How hard does one have to work to be able to get that.(I'm learning japanese but the slots open and the need for foreign students are my questions).

<3,
    Icelove

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 4, 2010 #2
    Re: Biophysics

Let me just say that you are thinking WAY too far ahead into the future. Concern yourself with whatever goals you have for your year off and then get through your undergraduate degree before you start planning your life around a PhD in Japan. Lots of things can change in a year (not to mention the four additional years you'll be in school) and you may find that your plans change completely between now and then.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook