Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Referring to professors in a paper

  1. Jul 2, 2010 #1
    This is sort of off-topic, but I couldn't find a better forum to ask in.

    I'm writing a paper for my internship, and I need to refer to one of my professors for purposes of background information. I want to do this in a professional manner.

    Should I say Professor Xxxx Xxxxxxx, Ph.D.? Should I leave out the Ph.D.?
    Doctor Xxxx Xxxxxxx?
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 2, 2010 #2


    User Avatar
    Homework Helper

    In most papers, you you wish to reference Prof A. Smith, then it just Smith, A
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook