Registering for USAPhO Exam Without a Teacher

• Thread starter jli10
  • Start date
In summary, the speakers are discussing the F=ma exam and the possibility of participating in it. The first speaker's school does not offer the exam, but they are interested in finding alternative sites to compete. They mention the possibility of university sites and ask if anyone has tried this before. The second speaker suggests the USA Physics Olympiad as a potential option.
jli10
Hello,
My school does not offer the F=ma exam, but I would very much like to participate. Assuming that it is not feasible for my teacher to administer the exam, are there any other possibilities for sites where I could compete? I read on the website that there are university sites - has anyone tried this before.

Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
jli10 said:
Hello,
My school does not offer the F=ma exam, but I would very much like to participate. Assuming that it is not feasible for my teacher to administer the exam, are there any other possibilities for sites where I could compete? I read on the website that there are university sites - has anyone tried this before.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the PF.

What exactly is the F=ma exam?

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF.

What exactly is the F=ma exam?

jili10 may be talking about USA Physics Olympiad.

Related to Registering for USAPhO Exam Without a Teacher

1. How can I register for the USAPhO exam without a teacher?

To register for the USAPhO exam without a teacher, you will need to complete the online registration form on the USAPhO website. You will need to provide your personal information, contact information, and select the option for "self-study" under the "Teacher Information" section.

2. Can I still participate in the USAPhO if I am not enrolled in a physics class at my school?

Yes, you can still participate in the USAPhO if you are not enrolled in a physics class at your school. As long as you meet the eligibility requirements and are able to study and prepare for the exam on your own, you can register and take the exam as a self-study student.

3. Is there a deadline for registering for the USAPhO exam without a teacher?

Yes, there is a deadline for registering for the USAPhO exam without a teacher. The registration deadline is typically a few months before the exam date, so it is important to check the USAPhO website for the specific deadline for the year you plan to take the exam.

4. Will I have access to study materials if I am registering for the USAPhO exam without a teacher?

Yes, the USAPhO website offers study materials and resources for self-study students. These materials include past exams, study guides, and sample problems to help you prepare for the exam. You can also find additional study materials through online resources and textbooks.

5. Can I still receive awards and recognition if I take the USAPhO exam without a teacher?

Yes, self-study students are eligible for awards and recognition if they perform well on the USAPhO exam. The top-performing students will receive medals and certificates, and the top 400 students will be invited to participate in the USAPhO camp, regardless of whether they had a teacher or not.