Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Religious Ads on Physics Forums?

1. Apr 5, 2010 #1
    What gives?

I never thought I'd see an ad for the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints on Physics Forums!!!!

mormons.png

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 5, 2010 #2
    I hear they are all scientists in that church!

4. Apr 5, 2010 #3

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hmm. It is a bit odd, isn't it? Not sure how many takers they get here.

Well, it's not considered a crackpot site. As long as they pay $$$ to advertise, it's all good!

5. Apr 5, 2010 #4

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think you're thinking of Scientology :tongue2:.

6. Apr 5, 2010 #5
    They may be scientists in that church. Every last member. But Our freedom here on PF is the freedom FROM religion. :approve:

7. Apr 5, 2010 #6
    Ahhh yeah, you are right Lisab! Help me Tom Cruise! Use your witchcraft on me!

It's google adsense, or so Ad Block Plus says to me. It will take key words from each thread, and will display whatever it deems appropriate for that site. Or at least that was how it was explained to me, because there are a lot of "date Muslim women now!" ads on a military forum I frequent.

8. Apr 6, 2010 #7

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Only if you are logged on! :biggrin:

9. Apr 6, 2010 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Since this already drifted into a religion discussion, the offending posts were deleted and I am locking the thread.

10. Apr 6, 2010 #9

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

All the ads are from google. I believe Greg can block certain ads as he has been doing with crackpot adverts. Unfortunately it usually has to be highlighted what sort of adverts are being put up before he can block them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook