Replying directly to the moderation team through alerts

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Wrichik Basu
  • Start date
In summary: In any case, if we want some further information or want to contact the moderation team, we have to start a conversation with any of the mentors regarding the issue.
Wrichik Basu
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Often, when we report some content and moderators take necessary action, an alert is sent to the member who submitted the report: "Your report...has been resolved:..." or "Unfortunately, your report ... was rejected:...".

In any case, if we want some further information or want to contact the moderation team, we have to start a conversation with any of the mentors regarding the issue.

But is it possible to make a system such that we can reply to the alerts directly, and our reply is visible to all the mentors, who can collectively or singly respond to our reply, if needed? In other words, I am not starting a conversation with any Mentor, but am submitting a reply that is visible to the moderation team as a whole.

N.B.: "We" denotes all those members who don't have moderation privileges.

Likes Ophiolite
Physics news on Phys.org
Wrichik Basu said:
But is it possible to make a system such that we can reply to the alerts directly, and our reply is visible to all the mentors, who can collectively or singly respond to our reply, if needed? In other words, I am not starting a conversation with any Mentor, but am submitting a reply that is visible to the moderation team as a whole.
Possible, yes, but it would be a big project. Let me think if there are possible alternatives.

Likes Wrichik Basu
Wrichik Basu said:
In any case, if we want some further information or want to contact the moderation team, we have to start a conversation with any of the mentors regarding the issue.
When I send such an alert when resolving a report, I add my username to the alert so you know who to contact directly if you have questions or comments. I don't know if other Mentors do this too...

Example:

We moved the thread to the Homework section, thanks [berkeman]

Likes BillTre and jedishrfu
berkeman said:
When I send such an alert when resolving a report, I add my username to the alert so you know who to contact directly if you have questions or comments. I don't know if other Mentors do this too...
I know that you do, but most other mentors don't.

Likes jedishrfu
Yeah, I'm one of those lazy mentors. Berk works way too hard and embarrases us all the time. Go Berk!

(I wanted to post that clip from the BIG movie where Josh (Tom Hanks) is told he needs to slow down entering customer orders because he's making the other order clerks look bad but couldn't find it.)

So instead I found this totally different clip that makes no sense at all:

Likes Wrichik Basu and berkeman
berkeman said:

Example:

As far as I know, you are the only one who consistently does this, and I appreciate that, because it gives me the chance, if I wish, to respond to the action.

Zz.

Likes Tom.G, russ_watters, dlgoff and 3 others
ZapperZ said:
As far as I know, you are the only one who consistently does this, and I appreciate that, because it gives me the chance, if I wish, to respond to the action.
I didn't realize this was a thing; I'll start doing it...if I remember.

Likes berkeman
I suppose if it were in your signature, it would always be available.
And require no thought.

1. What is the purpose of replying directly to the moderation team through alerts?

Replying directly to the moderation team through alerts allows for direct communication between users and moderators. It is a way for users to address any concerns or issues they may have with the moderation process.

2. How do I reply directly to the moderation team through alerts?

To reply directly to the moderation team through alerts, simply click on the alert notification and type your response in the designated reply box. Make sure to be respectful and provide clear and concise information.

3. Can I reply to the moderation team through alerts for any reason?

Yes, you can reply to the moderation team through alerts for any reason related to the moderation process. This can include reporting a post or comment, asking for clarification on a moderation decision, or addressing any concerns or issues you may have.

4. Will the moderation team always respond to my reply through alerts?

The moderation team will do their best to respond to all replies through alerts in a timely manner. However, please keep in mind that they may receive a high volume of alerts and may not be able to respond to every single one. If you do not receive a response, you can also reach out to the moderation team through other channels, such as email or a direct message.

5. Is it possible to have a conversation with the moderation team through alerts?

Yes, it is possible to have a conversation with the moderation team through alerts. However, please keep in mind that the moderation team may not be able to engage in lengthy discussions through alerts and may ask to continue the conversation through other channels. It is important to remain respectful and follow any instructions given by the moderation team.