Requesting Resources and Animations to understand Solid State Physics

In summary, understanding solid state physics can be achieved by requesting resources and animations. These tools can help visualize and explain complex concepts in a more accessible manner, allowing for a deeper understanding of the subject. By utilizing resources and animations, individuals can enhance their knowledge and grasp of solid state physics, making it easier to apply in various applications and fields.
Slimy0233
TL;DR Summary: I need animations to understand physics better. Any links and animations would be very appreciated.

I have started learning Solid state physics and I am struggling somewhat to understand and imagine certain things. I feel like this is one area of physics which needs extensive visual input to understand better. I would request you to guide me on what resources you used while understanding Solid State Physics and if possible link me the simulations and resources in the comments.

PS: [Phet Colorado](https://phet.colorado.edu/en/simulations/filter?type=html,prototype) has good simulations on other subjects if anyone is interested, but I wasn't able to find anything with solid physics.

Thank you for your help!

Physics news on Phys.org
Solid-state physics is an enormous and complicated subject. You need to start with the fundamentals. It's best if you ask specific questions on topics that trouble you.
On the fundamentals, understanding a particle in a box is the first step towards understanding electronic band structure.

Likes DeBangis21
Hello Dr., I was actually looking for resources which could help me with understanding Bravais lattices and how they are formed, why there are only 5 of them, etc.
I would be happy if you could share any resources or animations you know of regarding those topics. And as for understanding a particle in a box, I shall do that as soon as I get rid of my bravais lattice doubts. My professor did a bad job of helping me understand Bravais lattices and the number of em. So yeah, that's what I have been doing for the last two days.
Anyways, thank you for your reply!

Five? That's in two dimensions.

Bravais lattices are mathematical constructions with applications in solid-state physics. They are an early step in understanding electron and phonon band structures.

Likes DeBangis21 and Slimy0233
then I would have to put more effort into learning them. Thank you for that reply

1. How can I request resources and animations to understand Solid State Physics?

There are a variety of ways to request resources and animations to understand Solid State Physics. You can search for online resources, such as videos and interactive simulations, on websites like YouTube and Khan Academy. You can also reach out to your university or local library for books and other materials. Additionally, you can attend workshops or conferences related to Solid State Physics to gain access to resources and animations.

2. What types of resources and animations are available for understanding Solid State Physics?

There are a wide range of resources and animations available for understanding Solid State Physics. These include textbooks, online lectures, interactive simulations, videos, and animations. You can also find diagrams and illustrations in textbooks and online resources to aid in your understanding of concepts.

3. Are there any specific websites or platforms that offer resources and animations for Solid State Physics?

Yes, there are several websites and platforms that specialize in providing resources and animations for Solid State Physics. Some popular options include Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and Coursera. You can also find resources and animations on university websites and educational YouTube channels.

4. Can I request specific resources or animations for a particular topic in Solid State Physics?

Yes, you can request specific resources or animations for a particular topic in Solid State Physics. You can reach out to your university or local library, or search for online resources that cater to your specific topic of interest. You can also attend workshops or conferences related to your topic of interest to gain access to relevant resources and animations.

5. Are there any free resources and animations available for understanding Solid State Physics?

Yes, there are many free resources and animations available for understanding Solid State Physics. You can find free online lectures, interactive simulations, and videos on platforms like YouTube and Khan Academy. Additionally, many universities offer free access to their online course materials and lecture videos. You can also find free textbooks and other materials on open educational resource websites.