Resources to find Data/Models for Nonradial Pulsations of Va

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
Samantha Martin
Messages
3
Reaction score
1
Hello! I'm currently working on a project in which I need to make an animated visualization demonstrating the physical changes and luminosity changes of a star with non radial stellar pulsations. This visualization has to be based on real or theoretical data or a real or theoretical model but I don't know where to start looking for this data that I can use as a basis for my visualization. Does anyone know any good resources for this that they can suggest?

Thanks,
Sam
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
You might try the solar satellite web site. Are you writing the imaging software or using a commercial package?
 
Sanborn Chase said:
You might try the solar satellite web site. Are you writing the imaging software or using a commercial package?
Thanks. I'll look into that. I'm using a commercial package: Blender
 
Try this: https://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/
I'm not familiar with Blender, but I'm pretty sure you're going to need particles and dynamics capabilities in your software if you're doing anything in 3-D.
There was also an interesting article on super flares on a nearby type M on Phys.org.
 
Sanborn Chase said:
You might try the solar satellite web site. Are you writing the imaging software or using a commercial package?
Thanks. I think I really only need it to become brighter and dimmer and to simultaneously expand and contract.
 
What about Mira? (Omicron Ceti) Mira is the first Cephid variable discovered, and may be what you are expected to model.
 
eachus said:
What about Mira?
Samantha Martin said:
non radial stellar pulsations