Resources to find Data/Models for Nonradial Pulsations of Va

Hello! I'm currently working on a project in which I need to make an animated visualization demonstrating the physical changes and luminosity changes of a star with non radial stellar pulsations. This visualization has to be based on real or theoretical data or a real or theoretical model but I don't know where to start looking for this data that I can use as a basis for my visualization. Does anyone know any good resources for this that they can suggest?

Thanks,
Sam

Answers and Replies

Sanborn Chase
Gold Member
You might try the solar satellite web site. Are you writing the imaging software or using a commercial package?

You might try the solar satellite web site. Are you writing the imaging software or using a commercial package?
Thanks. I'll look into that. I'm using a commercial package: Blender

Sanborn Chase
Gold Member
Try this: https://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/
I'm not familiar with Blender, but I'm pretty sure you're going to need particles and dynamics capabilities in your software if you're doing anything in 3-D.
There was also an interesting article on super flares on a nearby type M on Phys.org.

Thanks. I think I really only need it to become brighter and dimmer and to simultaneously expand and contract.

What about Mira? (Omicron Ceti) Mira is the first Cephid variable discovered, and may be what you are expected to model.

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor