Retired Product Design Engineer

• Thread starter Rob Mclenn
  • Start date
Rob Mclenn
I have been inventing products for the past 48 years. Mostly mechanical type for consumers, and Industrial applications.

I started a Product Design Studio in 1995. My Tag Line when I had a website was from Helicopters to Dildo's, and everything in between! Even though I am retired, and living in SW Florida I design in 3D Modelling on a daily basis. I see a problem I design a product!

I am a strong designer for mechanical assemblies, but weak with electrical knowledge. I love the internet as I enjoy the search, but don't always find the answer I am looking for and so some of my designs are only completed half way. Just enough so at some future date I can go back.

Some of September and October products. #1 was a remote controlled floating unit that slices up the Blue algae, Sucks it up and under high pressure ejects on a vacant shore for drying, and eventually incineration, #2 30'x60' Aluminum Catamaran that utilizes conveyors to scoup up the algae cakes, compress the water out, filters the water with UV, GAC, and redeposits. The semi dried algae is dropped into a hopper and blown into bulk containers and taken away for processing.

#3 Verticle Vane windmill for Sailboats with 2 pancake type of generators one on top, and one on the bottom. #4 Flexible solar cells married to Sailboat sails. or maybe a Wing Sail! #5 Searching for a more efficient type of DC propulsion for sailboat conversions. I don't have a sailboat but would like one! #6 is a paying job a piece of exercising equipment.

I came here for hopefully some answers, to some "why not" questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes BillTre and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

We shall certainly help you in solving your questions. Just post in the proper section,and you'll surely get help.

On the other hand, you will also be able to help our members with your experience. Do visit the DIY forum under Engineering.

Learn and help others learn.

With regards,
Wrichik.

Wow very interesting, welcome!

Rob Mclenn said:
I came here for hopefully some answers, to some "why not" questions.
Welcome to the PF, Rob. :smile:

When posting questions, try to include some links to the reading you have been doing to try to answer the "why not". That will help us to know your background better, and to see what may be confusing you. Enjoy the PF! :smile:

Likes Wrichik Basu
Back