REU Acceptance Deadlines: When to Follow Up on Your Application Status?

  • Thread starter Thread starter penofguino
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Acceptance Reu
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
penofguino
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I applied to a few REU programs for this summer, but I have not heard back from any of them yet. I know there is usually a rolling deadline as they fill all the slots in the REU, but is there some kind of date where it would be acceptable to call about the status of my application. I checked the websites of the programs I applied to and they did not list any cutoff date.

Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Well, I emailed a few programs I applied to as early as a week after the application deadline, and they all gave me nice replies about when I could expect to hear back.

If you still haven't heard from any of them, I think it's a good idea for you to contact them to see what's up.