Revamping Ban System: 3 Warnings, 3 Bans, No 'Forever Ban

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter RyanH42
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the implementation of a system without a "forever ban." One person suggests a system of giving three warnings followed by a two-week ban, with subsequent violations resulting in longer bans. However, the other person disagrees and believes that some rule violations are severe enough to warrant a permanent ban, especially for spambots.
RyanH42
I think you should make a system which there's no "forever ban" .I think my idea is better then yours.You can do this way 3 warning then 2 week ban.Then If he/she gains 3 warning again this time 3 week ban.And then 3 again -4 week ban ...
Every 3 warning later ban time will be increase but not forever.

Physics news on Phys.org
RyanH42 said:
I think my idea is better then yours.
We do not think so.
Some rule violations are so severe that we are sure we do not want those users to post here again. The most obvious examples are spambots, by the way.

Likes Ryan_m_b

1. What are the reasons for revamping the ban system?

The ban system is being revamped to provide a fair and balanced approach to handling rule violations. Previously, a single infraction could result in a permanent ban, leading to potential mistakes and unfairness. The new system aims to give individuals multiple chances to correct their behavior before resorting to a permanent ban.

2. How many warnings and bans will be implemented under the new system?

Under the revamped ban system, individuals will receive three warnings for rule violations. If they continue to violate rules after receiving three warnings, they will receive three temporary bans. These bans will have increasing durations, giving individuals time to reflect on their actions and make necessary changes.

3. What happens after someone receives three temporary bans?

If an individual receives three temporary bans and continues to violate the rules, they will then receive a permanent ban. However, this permanent ban will only apply to the specific platform or community where the violations occurred. They will still be able to participate in other platforms or communities within the organization.

4. What is the goal of the revamped ban system?

The main goal of the revamped ban system is to promote a more inclusive and fair environment for all members of the community. By giving individuals multiple chances to correct their behavior, the hope is to create a more positive and welcoming atmosphere for everyone.

5. Will there be an appeals process for bans?

Yes, there will be an appeals process in place for individuals who feel they have been unfairly banned. They will be able to submit an appeal explaining their situation and why they believe the ban should be lifted. The appeals will be reviewed by a panel of moderators to ensure fairness and consistency.