Revisiting Forum Display Options: The Impact on Community and User Engagement

  • Thread starter Thread starter George Jones
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
7,643
Reaction score
1,602
I only names at the bottom of forums when I'm logged-in. I much prefer how it was before - names and total number viewing on each forum. People want to drop by and see these without having to log in.

We went through something like this before. I can only say again that I love the sense of community that I get when I'm here, and I (and, I think, others) don't get the same sense of community, without the stats at the bottom of each forum.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
George Jones said:
I only names at the bottom of forums when I'm logged-in. I much prefer how it was before - names and total number viewing on each forum. People want to drop by and see these without having to log in.

We went through something like this before. I can only say again that I love the sense of community that I get when I'm here, and I (and, I think, others) don't get the same sense of community, without the stats at the bottom of each forum.

To save db queries it's now set to members only. Why would you view PF logged out?
 
Greg Bernhardt said:
To save db queries it's now set to members only. Why would you view PF logged out?

I hate viewing PF logged out. When you want to reply, you have to log in and...

Annoying.