Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "Illigitimate"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Democracy

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zero
It wouldn't be so bad if corporations and teh richest 1% didn't escape their fair share of taxes, while the IRS looks to spend more chasing down people who may not deserve the earned-income credit, than they will spend to investigate major offending companies.

LogicalAtheist
Originally posted by Zero
It wouldn't be so bad if corporations and teh richest 1% didn't escape their fair share of taxes, while the IRS looks to spend more chasing down people who may not deserve the earned-income credit, than they will spend to investigate major offending companies.

Oh, please. "fair share"? And of course you're the one who decides whats far right?

Man, your type of people are the problem. You're jealous of the achievers, and want them to have to PAY for their success.

That's sickening to hear.

Zero
Originally posted by LogicalAtheist
Oh, please. "fair share"? And of course you're the one who decides whats far right?

Man, your type of people are the problem. You're jealous of the achievers, and want them to have to PAY for their success.

That's sickening to hear.

Fair share, in teh case of companies, would be anything at all. There are companies, profitable ones, that pay less taxes than you do. By less, I mean less in dollars, not as a percentage.

schwarzchildradius
L.A., by public money I mean PUBLIC MONEY. Not uncollected taxable income. I guess I thought that the term was colloquial enough to be in general vocabulary.
That's totally wrong. See lots of indigenous capitalism in 3rd world countries? Hell no. What you see is capitalism from already industrialized countries using 3rd world countries as DC's and serf labor camps. Point being, rich capitalists in industrialized nations owe most their wealth to the infrastructure already in place. They PAY TAXES to support the infrastructures that keep them rich. Regulation is there to keep them from cheating the system and destroying the environment.

Zeropaxx
We Need a new form of Government!!

All Governments seem Good in the beginning, and in theory. Our Government is like a Car and even cars need to have tune ups. When is the last time our government had a tune up? I don't mean adding amendments, thats like adding on to your car not fixing. So when?

Njorl
Science Advisor
Originally posted by russ_watters
I'd take that further and say that in order for ANY economy to be considered a success it must constantly be expanding. But I would disgree with the second part - there is ALWAYS room for growth. Growth at its most basic (in a capitalist system) is simply be a function of rpms - how fast the money goes around in a circle.

In the hay-day of the industrial revolution this was true, but it has not been true for some time. At one point, all savings, other than the "stuff the mattress" kind, were invested in growth. There was always some readily apparent profitable avenue for excess capital. Money never stagnated. This is no longer true. It was the thesis of Keynes work on the depression. Money stopped moving because, despite the fact that the stock market was rising, there was a shortage of profitable new ventures. Money was borrowed, stocks were bought, but there was no real investment. Money sat still. Still money dies. You might think this is impossible in this day, but it has been crushing Japan for 10 years now.

Oh, and for the topic, our government is a republic. Our political system is democracy.

Njorl