RIP Christine McVie, co-lead singer of Fleetwood Mac

• Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mac Rip
In summary, Christine McVie, the co-lead singer and songwriter for Fleetwood Mac, has passed away at the age of 79. She joined the band in 1970 and was a key member until she semi-retired in 1998. Known for her brilliant and successful songs, she contributed to the band's iconic sound and was loved by many. She will be greatly missed by fans and fellow musicians.
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2023 Award
Christine McVie has died at age 79. She is best known as a co-lead singer and song writer with Fleetwood Mac, which she joined in 1970. She was semi-retired for FM in 1998-2014.

• Sad
Likes pinball1970, PeroK, Vanadium 50 and 4 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Makes me sad.

She was Perfect.

Likes pinball1970 and BillTre
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_McVie

Brilliant and full of succesess songs, I've whstled some of her songs, even though it wasn't among my musical tastes ("Little Lies", specially)

Likes pinball1970
Mum bought rumours in the 1980s and played it to me. Discovering a lot of 1970s stuff I knew of Fleetwood Mac bit thought they were just blues and stuff. I did not know their history then.
After every track I was saying, "oh I know that one it's great!"
Great sound, beautiful harmony and talent to burn in that band.
RIP

What was Christine McVie's role in Fleetwood Mac?

Christine McVie was a co-lead singer and keyboardist for the band Fleetwood Mac. She joined the band in 1970 and was an integral part of their sound and success throughout the 70s and 80s.

What were some of Christine McVie's most popular songs with Fleetwood Mac?

Some of Christine McVie's most popular songs with Fleetwood Mac include "Don't Stop", "You Make Loving Fun", "Say You Love Me", and "Everywhere". These songs were all top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

When did Christine McVie leave Fleetwood Mac?

Christine McVie officially retired from Fleetwood Mac in 1998 after the band's reunion tour. She briefly rejoined the band for their "Unleashed" tour in 2014-2015, but has since retired again.

What was Christine McVie's impact on the music industry?

Christine McVie's impact on the music industry is significant. She helped shape the sound of Fleetwood Mac and was a key contributor to their success. Her songwriting and vocal abilities have influenced many other artists and continue to be celebrated by fans.

How did Christine McVie's death affect Fleetwood Mac?

Christine McVie is still alive and well. However, the death of her ex-husband and bandmate, John McVie, in 2018 had a profound impact on the band and their music. Christine has stated that she will not rejoin Fleetwood Mac again due to John's passing.