RIP James Bond actor Sir Roger Moore

In summary: I'm sorry to hear about your lossIn summary, the conversation discusses the recent passing of actor Roger Moore and his notable roles in television and film, including The Saint and James Bond. The individuals express their condolences and share their personal experiences and memories of Moore's work. The conversation also mentions his role in the TV series The Persuaders and the success of the James Bond franchise.
StatGuy2000
Education Advisor
I just saw this on my personal Twitter feed, as well as the following BBC article. I greatly enjoyed Roger Moore both in old episodes of The Saint, as well as his turn as 007.

My condolences to his friends & family.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-40018422

Likes QuantumQuest and DrClaude
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Before my time but RIP!

I should clarify that I am 41 as of the present moment, so the TV series The Saint was before my time too, but I've watched old re-runs years ago when I was younger (similar to Star Trek TOS).

He's the first Bond I knew.

Definitely a great one. Sorry to see you go Sir Roger Moore... :oldfrown:

Besides "The Saint" and "James Bond" I also enjoyed him in the TV series "The Persuaders" together with Tony Curtis, back when I was in elementary school. He was an excellent actor and a great person. RIP Sir Roger Moore.

RIP Roger, a true gentleman
Greg Bernhardt said:
Before my time but RIP!

you youngin's :wink:

DrClaude said:
He's the first Bond I knew.

wow OK :smile:

I didn't see George Lazenby in the first bond movie at the theatre (1969) only in later years when replayed on TV
But I did see all the Sean Connery then Roger Moore and those that followed, on the big screen

A remarkable, very successful and enjoyable movie franchiseDave

1. Who was Sir Roger Moore?

Sir Roger Moore was a British actor, best known for his role as James Bond in seven 007 films. He also had a successful career in television, starring in the popular series "The Saint" and "The Persuaders!"

2. When did Sir Roger Moore pass away?

Sir Roger Moore passed away on May 23, 2017 at the age of 89 from cancer.

3. How many James Bond films did Sir Roger Moore star in?

Sir Roger Moore starred in a total of seven James Bond films, making him the longest-running actor to play the iconic character.

4. What other notable roles did Sir Roger Moore have besides James Bond?

In addition to his role as James Bond, Sir Roger Moore also had memorable roles in popular films such as "The Cannonball Run" and "The Wild Geese". He also hosted the long-running documentary series "The World of Animals" and was a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.

5. What was Sir Roger Moore's legacy?

Sir Roger Moore's legacy extends beyond his successful acting career. He was known for his philanthropic work, receiving a knighthood in 2003 for his charitable contributions. He was also a vocal advocate for animal welfare and was awarded the title of Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in 1999.