Roger Ebert died after long battle with cancer

• News
  • Thread starter chemisttree
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cancer
In summary, legendary movie critic Roger Ebert's recent announcement of a "leave of presence" took many by surprise earlier this week. He had planned to slow down and only review movies he wanted to review, but sadly, he passed away shortly after. This news adds to the ongoing trend of talented individuals leaving the entertainment industry, with the recent losses of Andy Rooney and Mike Wallace. Fans and colleagues alike are saddened by Ebert's passing, remembering him for his eloquent writing and valuable insights on films.
Physics news on Phys.org
USA is going downhill. It's not that long since Andy Rooney and Mike Wallace left the scene, but Roger Ebert?? I thought he was perennial.

Sad.

Yes, this is sad.

Very sad. I liked his reviews.

He had a great way with language. RIP, Roger.

I relied heavily on his reviews for movies. This is still shocking to me as I've been following him since I was a kid.

1. What type of cancer did Roger Ebert have?

Roger Ebert battled with thyroid and salivary gland cancer.

2. How long did Roger Ebert suffer from cancer?

Roger Ebert was diagnosed with cancer in 2002 and continued to battle it until his death in 2013, so he suffered for 11 years.

3. What impact did Roger Ebert's cancer have on his career?

Roger Ebert's cancer affected his ability to speak and eat, which impacted his work as a film critic. However, he continued to write reviews and share his thoughts on movies through other means such as social media and a computerized voice system.

4. Did Roger Ebert's cancer ultimately lead to his death?

Yes, Roger Ebert's cancer eventually spread to his lungs, which ultimately led to his death.

5. How did Roger Ebert's battle with cancer inspire others?

Roger Ebert's openness and honesty about his cancer journey inspired many people who were also battling cancer. He also used his platform to raise awareness about the disease and the importance of early detection.