Russell's paradox and logical errors in the proof

Dear Micromass,

This is an example of the logical error.

I could not invent the example of this logical error in math different from Russell's paradox-like things...

Yours,

Dan
A logical error must be written in the language of logics. That is: it must be written as a well-formed formula. If you can't do this, then you're not doing math.

The fact that you can't write your arguments in well-formed formulas should already tell you that your entire point is invalid.

Dear Micromass,

Are you sure that when we taik about logical errors we have to talk about well-formed formula (otherwise we can not do it) !? That is a thing I can not agree with))

Yours,

Dan

Dear Micromass,

Are you sure that when we taik about logical errors we have to talk about well-formed formula (otherwise we can not do it) !? That is a thing I can not agree with))

Yours,

Dan
If you don't agree with it, then you're not doing math. It's simple as that.
So this means that your paper is not math, but rather something else. Nothing wrong with that, but it's good to realize.

Dear Micromass,

If you don't agree with it, then you're not doing math. It's simple as that.
It is your way of thinking that one can not give an example of a logical error in math paper with things that are not well-formed formula. Sorry ))

Yours,

Dan

Dear Micromass,

It is your way of thinking that one can not give an example of a logical error in math paper with things that are not well-formed formula. Sorry ))

Yours,

Dan
Sure, it could be due to my way of thinking. Or it could be due to the fact that the entire paper is complete crackpottery. You had this paper for close to 2 years and you still didn't manage to publish in a reputable math journal. This makes me think that the fault is due to your paper and not due to me. Sorry to say it.

Dear Micromass,

Are you sure that I have been trying to place it all the time since then? :smile:

Yours,

Dan

Dear Micromass,

Are you sure that I have been trying to place it all the time since then? :smile:

Yours,

Dan
I could indeed see you capable of arguing over this thing on internet forums for 2 years. Not sure I see the point though. Well, if you enjoy yourself, I guess that's all that matters...

Thing is that nobody will take you serious until you publish. So I would start doing that if I were you.

Dear Micromass,

Are you sure that I have been arguing over this thing all the time since then? :smile:

The thing of publishing is a complicated matter, you know ))

The goal was not to enjoy myself though. I wanted a discussion over my point...

Yours,

Dan

Fredrik
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This thread is obviously not going anywhere, so I think it's time to end it.