S.J Gates et al - Relating Doubly-Even Error-Correcting Codes (shortened)

• Thread starter XenonD
  • Start date
Hello, I am a curious layman without any formal higher education in physics.

I wonder what you think of this article:

C.F. Doran, M.G. Faux, S.J. Gates, Jr., T. Hubsch, K.M. Iga, G.D. Landweber "Relating Doubly-Even Error-Correcting Codes, Graphs,and Irreducible Representations of N-Extended Supersymmetry", http://arxiv.org/abs/0806.0051

Especially the hamming weight and distance - do they appear in other equations regarding physics?

My apologies if there already is a thread about this - I did search without success.

Answers and Replies

Thanks!

I do wonder about the likelihood of these equations appearing within adinkras by "chance" rather as the result of any unknown "higher" function?
S.J Gates vaguely referred to matricies as the source.

qsa
Thanks!

I do wonder about the likelihood of these equations appearing within adinkras by "chance" rather as the result of any unknown "higher" function?
S.J Gates vaguely referred to matricies as the source.
he was joking, he was refering to the Matrix movie, like we live in a computer because we are made of information.

Oh I thought some equations involving matricies (in an non-fictional way) were the origin of the error codes as he said he spent some months on it if I remember correctly?