S.J Gates et al - Relating Doubly-Even Error-Correcting Codes (shortened)

• Thread starter XenonD
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about an article discussing the relationship between error-correcting codes, graphs, and irreducible representations in N-extended supersymmetry. The topic of Hamming weight and distance is brought up, as well as the possibility of these equations appearing in adinkras by chance or as a result of a higher function. The conversation also references a previous discussion with S.J. Gates about the origin of the error codes and the use of matrices in the subject.
XenonD
Hello, I am a curious layman without any formal higher education in physics.

I wonder what you think of this article:

C.F. Doran, M.G. Faux, S.J. Gates, Jr., T. Hubsch, K.M. Iga, G.D. Landweber "Relating Doubly-Even Error-Correcting Codes, Graphs,and Irreducible Representations of N-Extended Supersymmetry", http://arxiv.org/abs/0806.0051

Especially the hamming weight and distance - do they appear in other equations regarding physics?

My apologies if there already is a thread about this - I did search without success.

Physics news on Phys.org
this was posted few weeks back, you can see gates explaining his theory(in the QA at the end)

http://www.amnh.org/news/tag/isaac-asimov-memorial-debate/

Thanks!

I do wonder about the likelihood of these equations appearing within adinkras by "chance" rather as the result of any unknown "higher" function?
S.J Gates vaguely referred to matricies as the source.

XenonD said:
Thanks!

I do wonder about the likelihood of these equations appearing within adinkras by "chance" rather as the result of any unknown "higher" function?
S.J Gates vaguely referred to matricies as the source.

he was joking, he was referring to the Matrix movie, like we live in a computer because we are made of information.

Oh I thought some equations involving matricies (in an non-fictional way) were the origin of the error codes as he said he spent some months on it if I remember correctly?

Related to S.J Gates et al - Relating Doubly-Even Error-Correcting Codes (shortened)

1. What is the main focus of the study?

The main focus of the study "S.J Gates et al - Relating Doubly-Even Error-Correcting Codes (shortened)" is to explore the relationship between doubly-even error-correcting codes and other types of error-correcting codes, particularly those used in quantum computing.

2. What are doubly-even error-correcting codes?

Doubly-even error-correcting codes are a specific type of error-correcting code that can correct both single and double bit errors. They are essential for ensuring accurate data transmission in various communication systems.

3. Why is it important to study the relationship between doubly-even error-correcting codes and other codes?

Understanding the relationship between different types of error-correcting codes can lead to the discovery of new and more efficient ways to correct errors in data transmission. This is especially crucial in fields like quantum computing, where accurate data transmission is crucial for the success of complex calculations.

4. What methodology was used in this study?

The researchers used mathematical analysis and computer simulations to explore the relationship between doubly-even error-correcting codes and other codes. They also used a comparison of error-correcting capabilities to determine the similarities and differences between the codes.

5. What are the potential implications of the findings in this study?

The findings of this study could have significant implications in the fields of communication and computing. If a more efficient and reliable error-correcting code can be developed based on the relationship between doubly-even codes and other codes, it could greatly improve data transmission and processing in various industries. This could also lead to advancements in quantum computing, as accurate data transmission is crucial in this field.