Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Save a thread for future reference

1. Jun 7, 2010 #1
    Hi all,
    I have found many useful threads on my topics of interest with discussions, answers from many people that are spanning for few pages. Now I am wondering how can I save a particular thread in a neat format, so that I can store it as a future reference.
    As of now I have just copy all the contents each page and save it in another word processor, which is cumbersome and the output file is not so good. Even if I use "Show Printable Version" in Thread Tools and save it I am getting only one page of a thread at a time.
    I request if there is an easy way (could be made if not currently available) to store the entire thread with all its contents in a professional neat way (just like Print toolbox in Wikipedia) in a nice format such as PDF.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 7, 2010 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You could just bookmark the thread page.

If the thread is only a single page thread, you can save it as a single pdf using say, the Print option in Firefox (or using the Thread tools feature you described). Can't think of an easy way to do the same thing on a multi-page thread (and vB does not seem to allow for more than 20 posts per page).
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook