Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Say something nice about the person above

1. Nov 15, 2016 #1
    This was done many years ago, but it's fun and ready for a reboot!

The game is simple. Write a positive comment about the last member who posted in this thread.

ps. don't leave me hanging :cry::biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 15, 2016 #2

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

4. Nov 15, 2016 #3

collinsmark

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I love it.

@DrClaude is someone of whom, if I were stuck, I would peg for help if I was stuck with a thermodynamics problem.

I have the utmost admiration for the second law of thermodynamics. (The first law is a given, I mean come on, we all know that one.) @DrClaude is somebody who could point me in the right path to my next step.

[Edit: And I don't know a lot. I love to learn.]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  5. Nov 15, 2016 #4
  6. Nov 15, 2016 #5

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

@jackwhirl recommended that people read Asimov's "the relativity of wrong" and how could you not like a guy who does that ?

7. Nov 15, 2016 #6

Borg

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I like that @phinds always tells it like it is. You know that you'll get a straight answer to your question.

8. Nov 15, 2016 #7
    @Borg is a high quality individual of the sort that makes PF such a fascinating and pleasant place to e-reside.

E-loiter?

9. Nov 15, 2016 #8
    @jackwhirl has had some nice contributions to the SciFi and World Building forums recently

10. Nov 15, 2016 #9

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Greg STILL hasn't banned me for my smart-assed remarks and caustic responses (WHICH I have toned down a lot at his request) so I love the guy :smile:

EDIT: by the way, I think we should institute a rule in this thread that nobody gets to post more than twice because that begins to look like trolling for compliments, even if it's just that you really DO have something nice to say about the previous person.

11. Nov 15, 2016 #10

Drakkith

@phinds doesn't smell like wet fur. Usually.

12. Nov 15, 2016 #11

Evo

Drakkith is the nicest person ever...EVER!! And has the best kitten photos!!!

I guess I just killed the thread.

13. Nov 15, 2016 #12

StatGuy2000

Education Advisor

Evo is a really friendly, helpful person who have always been prompt in providing me feedback (either via the threads, or via PM/Conversation), and has a most lovely profile/avatar pic! ;)

14. Nov 16, 2016 #13
    @StatGuy2000 is a passionate, friendly, and overall nice guy who makes the Current Events forum (my main interaction with him) a lot more pleasant.

15. Nov 16, 2016 #14
    HossamCFD seems to be a responsible and cautious citizen based on his messages in general forum. It is something positive I think, that voters can justify their vote somehow.

I too was a little bit gutted by Trump victory, even when I'm from a foreign country Finland, and I had no direct influence or direct effect upon myself.

I was a little bit concerned about some of Trump's comments. Hopefully USA will remain in Nato alliance for some time...? (Trump seemed to dislike America's participation, but it is quite early to say if Trump is very bad)

16. Nov 16, 2016 #15
    Thanks mate! I am indeed a citizen, though not an American one if that's what you meant. In fact I'm yet to visit the US. Sorry for the unintended deception o0)

17. Nov 16, 2016 #16

Fervent Freyja

Gold Member

I'm going to skip HossamCFD, as he was replying to a compliment.

After glancing at @late347's posting history, I was able to find many good qualities: Good English grammar despite not being his native language. Polite. Good resourceful student. Very competent in technical and mathematical matters, and will continue to improve throughout life. Anyone who is also repulsed by Trump has a good sense of politics and morals. Intrinsically motivated to do well, although sometimes too hard on himself (the exam post). Not a complainer or blamer, attempts to do his best and takes responsibility. Self-directed learner, both in school and self-study. Values cognitive richness and learning, materials and money not motivating. Are most Finnish men this way? :smile:

18. Nov 16, 2016 #17

jack action

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

@Fervent Freyja has the prettiest PF avatar (especially for a 115 year-old person :smile:)

19. Nov 17, 2016 #18

Bystander

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

@jack action gets right back to you with something relevant.

20. Nov 17, 2016 #19

Evo

To allow the thread to get more replies, what if we allow members to reply more than once, but they can only be commented on once, for example I might comment on Drakkith and another member that was not receiving a reply, but the person after me would comment on a new person instead of me, thus allowing the thread to continue faster (just in case no one reading the thread at the moment knew the person I commented on). Just a thought.

21. Nov 17, 2016 #20

Evo

Bystander - Intelligent, helpful and funny. I don't read the forums he posts in much, so someone can add to this if they want. :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted