Scale relativity: how well known is this idea and what is its status?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter dx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Relativity Scale
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Looking through Notalle's papers, I feel that this a combination of mathematical handwaving and lion hunting. Far too many of the arguments depend upon a contrived combination of syncretic analysis of algebraic structure plus a derived statistical fit. This leads me to believe that this is a form of algebraic numerology based upon a superficial numerical quoitient geometric relationship between e and pi as is described by considering the curlicue thermodynamics of the spiral logarithm.

I am not a professional theoretical physicist, but I personally strongly suspect that nature would deliberately avoid such a scheme as it appears to be littered with potential imperfection sensitivity and instability. Surely, the reason why we have a variety of dynamics each associated with a particular range, is to safeguard the physics of the universe and what it does.
 
nicky nichols said:
Looking through Notalle's papers, I feel that this a combination of mathematical handwaving and lion hunting. Far too many of the arguments depend upon a contrived combination of syncretic analysis of algebraic structure plus a derived statistical fit. This leads me to believe that this is a form of algebraic numerology based upon a superficial numerical quoitient geometric relationship between e and pi as is described by considering the curlicue thermodynamics of the spiral logarithm.

I am not a professional theoretical physicist, but I personally strongly suspect that nature would deliberately avoid such a scheme as it appears to be littered with potential imperfection sensitivity and instability. Surely, the reason why we have a variety of dynamics each associated with a particular range, is to safeguard the physics of the universe and what it does.

please be more specific. can you point out any particular argument that does this?
 
I genuinely hope that the Wikipedia article presents an incorrect picture of the idea. The idea of an invariant length scale certainly has some potential, but the "motivation" that's given in the Wikipedia article is pure crackpottery!