Scandalous reverence breach by HRH Mette-Marit
- Thread starter arildno
- Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
34 replies · 5K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Hobin
- 137
- 2
Who?SW VandeCarr said:EDIT: I'm still waiting to hear if Hobin knows The Netherlands has a reigning Queen. I know the royals keep a lower profile in The Netherlands than in the UK, but c'mon.
No, seriously, of course I do. I don't live under a rock. I assumed people would take my comment as "talking about all those arbitrary protocols of royalty as if it's something to take seriously? In 2012?" Apparently, you didn't.
I have no idea where you get that idea. I'm not particularly fond of the idea of having a queen or a king, that's true, but most people in the Netherlands don't agree with me. Beatrix is - as far as I'm aware - popular among the public.arildno said:I believe Queen Beatrix to the Dutch is like the family shame over an idiot child one hides away somewhere, and does not speak of in polite company.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
- 10,165
- 138
Hobin said:I have no idea where you get that idea. I'm not particularly fond of the idea of having a queen or a king, that's true, but most people in the Netherlands don't agree with me. Beatrix is - as far as I'm aware - popular among the public.
In that case, most Dutch are lacking in taste.
Jack21222
- 209
- 1
Don't you people have anything better to do than fret over how one person you don't know greeted another person you don't know?