Schaum’s Outlines 3,000 Solved Problems in Physics Different Versions

• Thread starter GreenPrint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation is about two versions of a book, one from 1988 and one from 2011, both claiming to be the 1st edition and 792 pages in length. The person is hesitant to buy the 2011 version if it is identical to the 1988 version. They are asking for someone who has both versions to compare them or for the professor to confirm if they are the same. They are also considering borrowing a copy from the school library or bookstore. The conversation ends with a good luck wish.
GreenPrint
I have this version from 1988
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0070257345/?tag=pfamazon01-20
the website itself even claims that it's the 1st edition and that it's 792 pages in length

my university claims that i need the 2011 version of the book
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0071763465/?tag=pfamazon01-20
the website claims that it's also the 1st edition of the book and that it's also 792 pages in length

I don't want to waste my money and buy the 2011 version if it's exactly the same as the 1988 version which from the looks of it is... apparently it's a fairly common book and a lot of people have it and I wondering if someone could tell me if there was any difference between the two, if you have the newer version and not the older version let me know and we can figure out if they are the same if you don't have both

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Send an email to your professor?

Assume its the same, when you get to school you can compare yours with one at the school library or book store? If not you can probably get one quickly?

Good luck!

1. What is the main purpose of "Schaum’s Outlines 3,000 Solved Problems in Physics Different Versions"?

The main purpose of this book is to provide a comprehensive collection of solved problems in physics for students and professionals who are studying or working in the field. It serves as a valuable resource for practice and review, and includes a variety of problem-solving techniques and strategies.

2. What topics are covered in "Schaum’s Outlines 3,000 Solved Problems in Physics Different Versions"?

This book covers a wide range of topics in physics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and modern physics. It also includes problems from various levels of difficulty, allowing readers to choose the level that best suits their needs.

3. Is this book suitable for all levels of physics students?

Yes, this book is designed to be useful for students at all levels of physics, from high school to graduate level. It covers fundamental concepts and principles as well as more advanced topics, making it a valuable resource for all students of physics.

4. Are the solutions in "Schaum’s Outlines 3,000 Solved Problems in Physics Different Versions" explained in detail?

Yes, the solutions to the problems in this book are explained in a step-by-step manner, making it easy for readers to understand the problem-solving process. The solutions also include diagrams, graphs, and equations to help illustrate the concepts being discussed.

5. Can this book be used as a standalone resource for learning physics?

While this book can certainly be used as a standalone resource, it is recommended to be used in conjunction with a textbook or other study materials. The problems in this book are meant to supplement and reinforce the concepts taught in traditional physics courses.