Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Science fair project with a superconductor?

1. Jan 19, 2015 #1
    I would like to do a science fair project having to do with a superconductor...
    Of course there will be difficulties...

But well, basically, can I ask for help here?
    I'm just making sure that people aren't already saying "No...." and shaking their headsd.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2015 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Sure, as long as you aren't asking us to do your work for you and the discussion stays within the rules. I've moved this to the feedback and support section. Feel free to start a new thread with the specifics of your project.

4. Jan 20, 2015 #3
    Alright.

Well, note that this isn't constituting doing work, but here's the premise:
    Aside from rudimentary information, I have no idea how superconductors work. As in... probably mathematics and details. Of course, they expel fields, etc etc.

But what sorts of experiments CAN I even do?
    Where do I start?
    Is there something I should read?

Really if you can imagine I'm looking for help in terms of general guidelines and information.

5. Jan 20, 2015 #4

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Cookie, I'd take most of what you just wrote and start a new thread in the General Physics forum. You should be able to get some kind of help there.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook