Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Scientist develops caffeinated doughnuts

1. Jan 26, 2007 #1

Evo

Staff: Mentor

There is just absolutely no need to contaminate doughnuts or other baked goods with caffeine. :grumpy:

There seems to be some kind of caffeine craze in this country right now. I just don't think it's a good thing.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070126/ap_on_fe_st/buzz_doughnuts

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 26, 2007 #2
    Finally! This is what I have been waiting for! It is an opportunity to combine two addictions into one.

[​IMG]

4. Jan 26, 2007 #3
    Have you heard how healthy it is :smile: apparently the myth about it being bad for you only applies to those with pre-existing heart condtions. It only seems to raise blood pressure in those who aren't used to it, it's a bit like asparin. The world of the caffeine haters is actually a fantasy or not as relevant as we thought. It's been shown that caffeine can actually decrease the build up of cholesteral.

http://www.newscientist.com/channel...offee-protect-your-liver-against-alcohol.html

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/health/dn9280-drinking-coffee-makes-you-more-openminded.html

http://www.newscientist.com/channel/health/dn8328--decaffeinated-coffee-may-be-harmful-to-heart.html

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg18825213.900-daily-dose-of-coffee.html

Coffee: The demon drink?NS magazine: I'm afraid this one is unavailable atm, but it's a real eye opener.

5. Jan 26, 2007 #4

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:uhh: You're aware that there's already caffeine in chocolate, right? So, chocolate doughnuts are already caffeinated. :biggrin:

6. Jan 26, 2007 #5
    Caffeine in doughnuts!? That's crazy! Next thing you know, they'll start putting pot in brownies!

Nah...

7. Jan 26, 2007 #6

I'm going to kick anyones ass who says chocolate is bad, because it's a mood enhancer and because it's like catnip. :tongue: :smile: :wink:

And tea for that matter, we have fought wars over it before, and may well do so again, caffeine is the drug of the nation: that and TV as Ice Cube once said, it kinda replaced the opiate of the masses :smile:

8. Jan 26, 2007 #7

Evo

Geeze chocolate on a caffeinated doughnut plus coffee. Too many nervous edgy people getting even more jittery from too much caffeine. :surprised

I'm one of those people that don't feel the effects of caffeine.

9. Jan 26, 2007 #8

ranger

Gold Member

Wow, it took them that long to figure out how to put caffeine in doughnuts :biggrin:

I always say:
    Tea: the drink of the gods
    Coffee: well you get the idea

10. Jan 26, 2007 #9

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Now theres a good idea :biggrin:

11. Jan 26, 2007 #10

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This should really improve people's moods during morning rush hour, don't you think? :biggrin:

But, hey, you have to admire someone who has the nerve to rebel against conformity and work on developing a way to make a doughnut even less healthy than they already are rather than trying to make them more healthy. I mean, once they get rid of all those trans fats, what other point would there be to eating them if they can't be caffeinated? :rofl: And, I'm sure all those people who need a morning caffeine boost, but don't like coffee are applauding this great advance in doughnutology! Afterall, a can of Coke just doesn't go all that well with doughnuts. Now you can enjoy a glass of milk with your doughnut and still get your daily requirement of caffeine. It's pure genius! :biggrin: :devil: *cackles in an evil genius sort of way*

12. Jan 26, 2007 #11

Evo

Caffeinated milk. You know it's next. :eek:

13. Jan 26, 2007 #12

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Would that involve genetic modification of cows? Caffeinated from the source.

14. Jan 26, 2007 #13

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Excellent idea! Quick, patent it before someone steals your idea! It's brilliant, just brilliant! :biggrin:

15. Jan 26, 2007 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:uhh: I don't think I want to try milking caffeinated cows. :bugeye:

16. Jan 26, 2007 #15

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Coming soon: Caffeinated Baby Food :biggrin:

Interesting aside: Some dark, leafy, green vegetables are an excellent source of nicotine.

Edit: Caffeinated milk is an excellent idea!!!

17. Jan 26, 2007 #16

Astronuc

Too late! Public disclosure disqualifies one from patenting an idea!

If someone wants to patent something - do not mention it in the public domain before applying for the patent.

18. Jan 26, 2007 #17

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Uh oh, we better delete that before anyone sees it Evo! :biggrin: Actually, I think you have a year from the time of public disclosure, but we can always patent the process for caffeinating milk (that's going to be a bit tougher to work out though).

19. Jan 26, 2007 #18

D H

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Next? I just had some this morning. I sure do love latte.

It has even become an artform.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

20. Jan 26, 2007 #19
    In a related story, the productivity of America's police force increased three-fold overnight.

21. Jan 26, 2007 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Aww...the one with the bunny face is so cute!

:rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?