Scottish Humor: A Collection of Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter Raven Luni
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Humor Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
9 replies · 3K views
Raven Luni
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
You probably have to be Scottish to get this one:

buckyball.jpg
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Buckfast (a wine tonic brewed by monks) is the drink of choice for the 'ned' subculture (a term originally coined by police to mean 'non-educated delinquent'). 'Ned culture' is so prominent that it not only is is it a massive stereotype, but also features in many comedy sketches. 'Bucky' plays a central role being their preferred choice of cheap booze.

The english equivalent is 'chav'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ned_(Scottish)
 
I got it right away and I'm not even Scottish.
 
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought "How can they limit to just one pun each day?"

Now I see how... :-p
 
I don't get it but perhaps the pun is contained in this little song:
What do ye get when ye drink the wine?
A ten pound fine an'a year's probation,
A kick in the baws at the polis station.
AWWWwwwww, never drink the wine again!
AWWWwwwww, never drink the wine again!
​

I guess it's something football hooligans sing.
 
Yeah, I had to google a bit to make any sense out of it and I could still be wrong. Some would say any pun is not a good pun. I rather like puns though. :-p