Search Problem -- Not finding my posts via USER or SEARCH

• Thread starter Petek
  • Start date
In summary, there have been recent issues with the forum's search function where the link after Messages only returns two posts instead of all of them, and using the search function also gives the same result. However, the issue has been resolved after rebuilding the indexes and it was found that the AI, ChatGPT, was not responsible for the issue. It was also noted that posts in the Lounge forums do not count towards a user's post total.
Petek
Gold Member
If I select USER from the main forum page, the link after Messages returns only two of my posts. This action previously returned all of my posts. Using the forum's SEARCH function to search for my posts gives the same result. Has there been a recent change to Search?

Physics news on Phys.org
Petek said:
If I select USER from the main forum page, the link after Messages returns only two of my posts. This action previously returned all of my posts. Using the forum's SEARCH function to search for my posts gives the same result. Has there been a recent change to Search?
I had a similar issue earlier where very few search results came up.

Yes, it looks like there are general problems with Search. I only get 16 hits when I do an unrestricted search on my posts.

I'm going to rebuild the indexes. Will take roughly an hour.

Likes Wrichik Basu
These kind of things did not happen when ChatGPT was in charge :-p

• Haha
Likes Wrichik Basu, DrClaude, russ_watters and 4 others
Frabjous said:
These kind of things did not happen when ChatGPT was in charge :-p
Considering that it was working the day before yesterday and Greg was able to fix it today…. I’m thinking ChatGPT broke it yesterday. It was a mistake putting the AI in charge for even one day.

• Haha
Likes Wrichik Basu, mfb, DrClaude and 4 others
Nugatory said:
Considering that it was working the day before yesterday and Greg was able to fix it today…. I’m thinking ChatGPT broke it yesterday. It was a mistake putting the AI in charge for even one day.
Looking at your post history, I see that your account was not compromised by ChatGPT. I’ll acknowledge your obvious wisdom.

All hail Greg.

Likes Nugatory and Greg Bernhardt
Both the link following the Members item and SEARCH now work as expected. My post count wasn't updated, but I'll assume that stat isn't updated in real time. Thanks Greg!

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Petek said:
My post count wasn't updated, but I'll assume that stat isn't updated in real time.
If you weren't aware, note that posts in the "Lounge" forums don't count toward your post total.

Likes Petek and Greg Bernhardt
Ibix said:
If you weren't aware, note that posts in the "Lounge" forums don't count toward your post total.
Thanks. Did not know that.