1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Seeking "Reference" Textbooks in Mathematical Physics

1. Sep 29, 2016 #1
    Dear Friends,

Could you suggest me some good textbooks in the mathematical physics that I can use for both studying and reference? I am currently reading Landau/Lifshitz' trilogy along with couple other books (Weinberg for gravity, Arnold, etc) in different branches of physics, and I need to review some concepts from time to time. I thought it would be helpful to have a "reference" book in the mathematical physics that I can keep near to me for review. I do not have specific topics of mathematics in mind, but I just want to purchase a mathematical-physics book that contains majority of topics.

My mathematical background is the following:

Vector Calculus (Courant/Jones, Hubbard/Hubbard, Widder, Loomis/Sternberg)
    Single-Variable Analysis (Rudin-PMA, Pugh, Hairer/Wanner)
    Set-Theoretic Topology (Engelking, Kuratowski)
    Algebra (Pinter, Aluffi)

I am currently reading Spivak's first volume in the differential geometry, Lang's Algebra, and I just started to read Macdonald's book in the geometric algebra.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 29, 2016 #2

DrClaude

Staff: Mentor

A book that satisfies your criterion would be Hassani's Mathematical Physics.

Note howver that there have been criticisms of this book here on PF. You can use the search engine to find the relevant threads.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted