Should I Apply for APS Student Ambassadorship with Only 11 Months Left in My Degree?

  • Topic: Physics 
  • Thread starter Thread starter warhammer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Student
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
5 replies · 3K views
warhammer
Messages
164
Reaction score
33
Hi. I am currently a 3rd (Final) Year Physics Student. The degree in my country is of three years and I will be graduating after a period of 11 months from now.

I wish to apply for APS Student Ambassadorship. However the stipulations on the form state that I must have atleast an year of studies remaining when I make the application. Since in my case the remaining period is of 11 months should I even apply for it? I mean will my application be even considered and is it worth applying?

I request you all to guide me and share your thoughts on the same
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes. The above is the only suitable response. Only APS can tell you whether you are or are not eligible..
 
Agreed, you should contact the APS. But you should be prepared for an unfavorable answer, as they say they want 12 months remaining and you say you have 11.
 
11 or 12 months; is the difference small enough or is absolutely 12 months the minimum (is what you'll need to ask)? Why let one-month difference stop you?
 
There's really no point in further speculative responses. Unless there is a member here who coincidentally works for APS, and is willing to state for the record on this public forum the official position of the APS on this issue, we should simply advise the OP to contact the APS, without further comment.