Where should I apply for my graduate studies?

In summary, the speaker is in their final year of a physics program and wants to do research, potentially at CERN. They are unsure of which university to attend and would like to earn money while studying. They plan to apply for a scholarship from a Mexican institution. They are open to advice and have not mentioned any specific universities or their location.
Frigorifico
If everything goes right I am in my last year of my physics program in my university.

I want to do research, I did a short internship at CERN and I would like to work there, and I know that for that I need to get a masters or a phd.

The thing is that I am not sure to which university should I go, I don't feel a strong connection to any institution as I've seen some people do.

Also, I would like to earn some money while I study, to be self sufficient.

The last thing to consider is that I will apply for a scholarship at CONACYT, a mexican institution, and they give you the scholarships once you have been accepted.

I am trying to give enough information to get a good advice without saying too much, if I didn't mentioned something important please let me know.

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
This is so vague as to preclude any useful advice, I'm afraid.

Frigorifico said:
I am not sure to which university should I go,
Have you at least made a list of some universities that participate in research at CERN?

Which country are you in?

1. What are the top-ranked universities for my field of study?

The top-ranked universities for your field of study will vary depending on your specific area of interest. You can research rankings from reputable sources such as U.S. News & World Report or Times Higher Education to get an idea of which universities have strong programs in your field.

2. How important is the location of the university?

The location of the university can be an important factor to consider when deciding where to apply for graduate studies. Factors to consider include the cost of living, access to research opportunities, and potential job opportunities after graduation. It is important to prioritize what is most important to you in terms of location.

3. What should I consider when choosing a potential advisor?

When choosing a potential advisor, it is important to consider their research interests, their track record of mentoring successful graduate students, and their availability to work with you. It is also important to consider the fit between your own research interests and the advisor's expertise.

4. How do I determine if a program is a good fit for me?

A program may be a good fit for you if it aligns with your research interests, offers opportunities for hands-on experience or internships, has a strong reputation, and has a supportive and collaborative environment. You can also reach out to current students or alumni of the program to get a better sense of their experiences.

5. What are the funding opportunities available for graduate studies?

There are various funding opportunities available for graduate studies, including scholarships, grants, teaching or research assistantships, and loans. It is important to research and apply for these opportunities early, as they can be competitive. Additionally, some universities may offer funding packages to admitted students, so it is important to consider this when applying to programs.