Should I pee or hold it to stay warm?

• Thread starter gary350
  • Start date
In summary, both the TV show and the advice from the Boy Scouts advise that you should pee to conserve heat. However, you should also try to keep yourself as comfortable as possible by removing your hat if it is cold outside.
Pee. Staying warm is only one aspect of survival. Making good decisions is much more important. The stress induced by not peeing is an enemy of good decision making. The heat loss issue is minor by comparison.

Pee. Take a deep breath. Consider what to do to improve survival odds.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, how would one go about testing this more carefully? Fitbit data, then regress it to a 5th degree polynomial? Again, do we have reason to believe peeing is a factor of high importance?

I think we about to go off the edge of the world here so I think its time to close this thread.

Thank you all for participating.

Likes berkeman
<h2>1. Should I pee or hold it to stay warm?</h2><p>This is a common question among people who are trying to stay warm in cold environments. The answer depends on the situation and personal preference.</p><h2>2. Will peeing help me stay warm?</h2><p>Peeing can provide temporary relief from the cold, but it will not significantly increase your body temperature. It may also make you feel colder in the long run as your wet clothes will lose heat faster.</p><h2>3. Is it dangerous to hold in my pee to stay warm?</h2><p>Holding in your pee for extended periods of time can lead to urinary tract infections and other health issues. It is important to listen to your body and urinate when necessary.</p><h2>4. Can I use my pee as a heat source?</h2><p>While urine does contain some body heat, it is not enough to significantly warm you up. In fact, trying to use urine as a heat source can be dangerous and lead to burns or frostbite.</p><h2>5. Are there any other ways to stay warm besides peeing?</h2><p>Yes, there are many other ways to stay warm in cold environments. Some options include wearing layers of clothing, using hand and foot warmers, and staying active to generate body heat. It is important to find a method that works best for you and your specific situation.</p>

1. Should I pee or hold it to stay warm?

This is a common question among people who are trying to stay warm in cold environments. The answer depends on the situation and personal preference.

2. Will peeing help me stay warm?

Peeing can provide temporary relief from the cold, but it will not significantly increase your body temperature. It may also make you feel colder in the long run as your wet clothes will lose heat faster.

3. Is it dangerous to hold in my pee to stay warm?

Holding in your pee for extended periods of time can lead to urinary tract infections and other health issues. It is important to listen to your body and urinate when necessary.

4. Can I use my pee as a heat source?

While urine does contain some body heat, it is not enough to significantly warm you up. In fact, trying to use urine as a heat source can be dangerous and lead to burns or frostbite.

5. Are there any other ways to stay warm besides peeing?

Yes, there are many other ways to stay warm in cold environments. Some options include wearing layers of clothing, using hand and foot warmers, and staying active to generate body heat. It is important to find a method that works best for you and your specific situation.