Should I pursue a master's in medicinal chemistry or transfer to a prestigious program?

  • Topic: Chemistry 
  • Thread starter Thread starter gmunoz18
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Careers Chemistry
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
gmunoz18
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
I am studying biochemisry with an emphasis in medicinal chemistry at Arizona State and will most likely get my B.S. in 3 years. However they have a track that if you take some of the grad classes while an undergrad you can get a masters in medicinal chemistry in only one extra year after the B.S.

Now my question is should I go to a more prestigious program when I finish my bachelors degree and how many doors does a masters in medicinal chemistry open?

I am interested in drug research or something more clinical like anesthesiolgy.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
A master lands you more research-oriented jobs. And, you get more responsability/pay as you progress in your career.