1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Should I study in Egypt or abroad?

1. May 15, 2017 #1
    I have a BSc in architecture but i have always had a passion for physics and how the universe works.. So, after graduation I decided to follow my passion.. It led me to 2 options

1: I can study here in Egypt a crash course and get a MSc in 3 years and the plan is to have an undergraduate courses in 1 year and begin my MSc studies for 2 years at The American University In Cairo AUC for short.

2: I travel abroad and study in Leipzig, Germany in the International Physics Study Program IPSP for short, and get a BSc in 3 years and then a MSc in 2 years , so that's 5 years in total.

So, my confusion is.. Should I study in Egypt that has a low rank in learning( honestly, I didn't search for AUC ranking globally because the learning here in Egypt blows in the whole country) but, i can get a MSc in 3 years and then travel abroad if i want to.. Or should i travel abroad from the beginning? And take 3 years for BSc and then 2 for MSc and then god knows what!..

2. jcsd
  3. May 16, 2017 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

It seems you know the answer to this. It seems that the abroad option is probably better but you don't want to leave home.

In any event, leaving home should factor into your decision too because a homesick student won't do well abroad.

Also have you talked it over with an academic advisor? They might be able to give you more insight.

4. May 16, 2017 #3
    I talked to an academic advisor in the mentioned calluge AUC and he told me the abroad option is better..

About the homesick thing, i don't know if fully understand you.. I mean, i hate it here.. It has no place for my future and i the way i want to learn.. And when thinking about leaving home and living alone.. The thought doesnt2bother me.. So, is that enough?
    Thx for the reply, you solved me a problem and made me think about another

5. May 16, 2017 #4

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

It sounded like you didn't want to leave Egypt and I thought you were homesick.

If it doesn't bother you and you are good at making new friends then you are good to go.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted