What is the educative system like at German universities? Should I study there?

Main Question or Discussion Point

I am a 21-year-old from Mexico that recently dropped out of engineering. I was dissatisfied by the mayor and the education system here in Mexico. I am looking forward to studying Physics in Germany because it is free and life is not so expensive. But I have my doubts. Is education at top universities there really good? Is it worth all the trouble of leaving my home country and family?

Thanks for the help. Any advice is welcome. Insight and comparison from multicultural background people in Germany and Latin America are more than appreciated.

Answers and Replies

I guess your restriction "... multicultural background people in Germany and Latin America ..." doesn't address a lot of people. I would rather ask, whether your recent drop out doesn't signal something deeper and more basic, something a change of schools wouldn't solve.

Where did you get your doubts from? In the end it is in your own responsibility what you learn and what not. That has nothing to do with an education system. You won't be spoon fed in any country.

Hi, I doubt it will be free for you as you will be considered an international student.