Should we have a freewill?(Anarchy)

• Thread starter Skhandelwal
  • Start date
In summary, Anarchy is a theory that is based on the idea that freedom is something that we should give up in order to gain comfort and privileges. I don't think this is true, because if we give up our freedom, we lose safety and other privileges as well. I think we've evolved and are where we are today because of our freedom.
"Anyone can do whatever they want, with the only constraint being whether you own the biggest gun."

I would be interested hear how the current situation of the world differs in anyway from this description of anarchy.

Physics news on Phys.org
The Anarcho-Communist

I would like to shed some light on anarcho-communism. I myself am an anarcho-communist. This theory has a lot more to it than some of you think. First off I would like to say that of course anarchism is not perfect and no system is so what I'm basically am trying to say is that even though it may have problems it would have reconvert quickly or be worse than the current situation to make having susch a system irrational. Now first off I often hear people saying it would be impossible for people in an anarcho communist state to organanize. I would say that by dividing up into very small communities would allow organization to become much easier.Like a small town vs. an entire city or country. Now a popular subject in this discussion is as to gangs or other internal and external hostilities.Now to control and or prevent this I don't think a completely unified group or one or perfect people would be possible or nescesary. For thiis point I would like to refer to the Native Americans who when you think about it lived fairly similairly to an anarcho communist scocirty, for example they shared many thing amoung their tribes and they didn't recognize money or individual land ownership. Amoung the different tribes there would few who became raiders(i.e. a gang) and would pillage other tribes. While things like this are unstopable, you should recognize that there were many more hunter-gatherer type tribes. I think this would be a good example of what may happen in an anarcho-communist scociety. Also as to smaller disterbences in local communities you may argue wbout how they would be tried or stopped. Many would say that without a police force it would be difficult to stop them. Well to that i would llike to say for one with relative equel access to weaponry this would make it more difficult to have surpier fire power. Also anyone or group could detain a criminal. Then the coumity could hold a trial for the criminal which would only consist of a jury which would consist of any adult(someone physsically and mentally capable of taking car of themselves) who chose to be a part of a jury; they would discuss punishment and vote. This is how all decisions would be made.Also the the idea of no land ownership or money would hinder anyones greedy desires. I would be happy to answer any other questions about this theory.

CrazyAnarcho said:
a jury which would consist of any adult(someone physsically and mentally capable of taking car of themselves) who chose to be a part of a jury; they would discuss punishment and vote. This is how all decisions would be made.
That's not anarchy that's direct democracy.

I do like the idea of limiting the franchise to people who are taking care of themselves.

Last edited: