Similar tests like the GRE for physics

• Testing
  • Thread starter veil
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gre Physics
In summary, the person is new to a forum and is looking for similar tests to the GRE physics test for their purpose of joining a physics masters degree at foreign universities. They have tried searching on university websites but could not find anything and are now seeking advice on other graduate entrance exams and equivalent foreign entrance exams that are accepted by graduate admissions committees. They are advised to contact the admissions offices of their chosen universities for specific requirements.
veil
Hi guys,

I am new to this forum. I want to know whether there are any similar tests equivalent to GRE physics test. I googled and tried in few university websites but I couldn't find anything.

Physics news on Phys.org
Equivalent in what sense? Do you mean in the sense of SAT vs. ACT for undergrad entrance exams? Other graduate entrance exams that are accepted by graduate admissions committees? Equivalent foreign entrance exams? What is your purpose?

Likes Vanadium 50
CrysPhys said:
Equivalent in what sense? Do you mean in the sense of SAT vs. ACT for undergrad entrance exams? Other graduate entrance exams that are accepted by graduate admissions committees? Equivalent foreign entrance exams? What is your purpose?

hi crysphys I meant it for the following questions.
Other graduate entrance exams that are accepted by graduate admissions committees? Equivalent foreign entrance exams?

My purpose is to join physics masters degree, and I wanted to know whether there are any other exams available other than GRE physics that are accepted by foreign universities .

"Foreign universities" is a very broad category. Which countries? Which universities? Once you have decided on a list of candidate schools, you should contact their admissions offices directly for their requirements.

Likes veil

1. What other standardized tests are available for physics besides the GRE?

Some popular options include the Physics GRE Subject Test, the MCAT (for medical physics), and the Physics GRE Advanced Test.

2. How do these tests differ from the GRE?

The Physics GRE Subject Test and MCAT focus specifically on physics concepts, while the Physics GRE Advanced Test may cover more advanced topics. Additionally, the format and content of these tests may vary.

3. Are these tests required for graduate school admissions in physics?

It depends on the specific program and school. Some may require one or more of these tests, while others may not. It's best to check with the admissions requirements of each program you are interested in.

4. Can I take more than one of these tests?

Yes, you can take multiple tests if you feel it will strengthen your application. However, it's important to note that some schools may only consider your highest score.

5. How can I prepare for these tests?

There are many resources available for test preparation, such as study guides, practice tests, and tutoring services. It's also helpful to review your physics coursework and brush up on any areas you may be weaker in.