Simple Question probably making it harder than it is

• Thread starter cheechnchong
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a stoichiometry problem involving 0.25 g of CO2 and determining the number of atoms of carbon and oxygen present. The solution involves converting CO2 to moles and using Avogadro's constant to calculate the number of atoms.
cheechnchong
Ok i made this question up, buuuut...

Say you have 0.25 g Carbon and it's from the CO2. How much atoms are in C and O?

haha the way I've been writing it down is C = 1 mol and O = 2 mol

Physics news on Phys.org
Write out the balanced equation, then it turns into a simple stoich problem

Stevedye56 said:
Write out the balanced equation, then it turns into a simple stoich problem

hahah let me rephrase the question...it's 0.25 g CO2! how much atoms of each element? another oopsers

change CO2 to moles and then go from there.

Stevedye56 said:
change CO2 to moles and then go from there.

ok so go the avrogado route i see!

yeah makes sense too since writing down atoms from the CO2 is based off of 1 mol of the compound.

cheechnchong said:
ok so go the avrogado route i see!

yeah makes sense too since writing down atoms from the CO2 is based off of 1 mol of the compound.

Avagadro FTW!:biggrin:

What is the purpose of asking a simple question?

The purpose of asking a simple question is to gain clarity and understanding on a topic or concept. It allows for a straightforward answer and can help break down complex ideas into more digestible information.

Why do people tend to make simple questions harder than they actually are?

People may make simple questions harder than they actually are because they may overthink the question or try to find a more complex answer. They may also be afraid of appearing ignorant or not understanding the topic at hand.

How can we avoid making simple questions more difficult?

To avoid making simple questions more difficult, it is important to stay focused on the question at hand and not overthink it. It can also be helpful to ask for clarification if needed and to approach the question with an open and curious mindset.

What are some strategies for simplifying a complex question?

Some strategies for simplifying a complex question include breaking it down into smaller parts, using analogies or examples to explain the concept, and asking for clarification if needed. It can also be helpful to approach the question from different angles and perspectives.

How can asking simple questions benefit the learning process?

Asking simple questions can benefit the learning process by promoting understanding and retention of information. It also encourages critical thinking and can lead to more in-depth discussions and exploration of a topic. Asking questions also shows a willingness to learn and can help build relationships with others.