Voltage, power and stored energy of 3 µF capacitor with given current

  • Thread starter Thread starter aslak19
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Capacitor Sketch
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
aslak19
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hey everybody, I hope that you can help me with this question:

The current through a 3 µF capacitor is shown in the figur:

http://peecee.dk/?id=70914

At t=0, the voltage is v(0)=10. Sketch the voltage, power, and stored energy to scale versus time.

- I will start to find the voltage. To find the voltage I have to use this formula:

q=c*v

is it tru?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Try using the following equation instead:

i = C dV/dt

You have the i(t) waveform, and you are given V(t=0). How can you manipulate the above equation to get the equation for the voltage V(t)? Plot V(t), then plot E(t), and from that, you can plot the power P(t).