Slightly Physics related valentine's poem

• Thread starter Hawksteinman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, the conversation between two individuals involves a playful exchange of physics-inspired valentine's poems. One person expresses how their love for the other expands rather than contracts, while the other person responds with their own poem about the forces that bind them together. They both share a love for science and express their feelings through clever wordplay.
Hawksteinman
Roses are red
Violets are blue
My time dilates
When I'm with you
But I don't experience Lorentz contraction
When you and I have an interaction
In fact quite the opposite, my lengths expand
But don't run away and bury your head in the sand
It just means that I love you
And on Valentine's day, what could be more true
With you I want to spend the rest of my life
Not worrying about all that trouble and strife

Likes EnumaElish, Passionate Eng and Psinter
Physics news on Phys.org
These are my favorite physics valentines!

509valenBurrows.png

Likes EnumaElish, Hawksteinman and Psinter
Greg Bernhardt said:
These are my favorite physics valentines!

509valenBurrows.png
I could swear that there are more like those. I'd like to see more.

As you know, Greg, English is not my first language. It is only my 1000th language... Just kidding :-p. Anyway, I don't know the rules of poetry in English, but here is my 12 year old vocabulary attempt at 4 verses:

You induce the forces that spin my heart.
They make them beat even when far apart.
In the midst of your fields, my brainwaves fly.
For you are my feels, under this blue sky.

Does it need a title? Let's see... Hopeless, Act I. No, I'm just kidding :-p. It's suppose to be a valentines, slightly physics related poem. We need a happy title... Induced love. No... Invisible strings... I'm not good at titles.
Now when someone reads it, the sky is gray. :oldlaugh:

1. What is a "Slightly Physics related valentine's poem"?

A "Slightly Physics related valentine's poem" is a poem that incorporates elements of physics, such as scientific concepts or terminology, into a romantic or love-themed poem.

2. Can you give an example of a "Slightly Physics related valentine's poem"?

Sure! Here's an example of a line from a "Slightly Physics related valentine's poem": "Our love is a force, unbreakable and strong."

3. Is it difficult to write a "Slightly Physics related valentine's poem"?

It can be challenging to incorporate scientific concepts into a romantic poem, but with some creativity and knowledge of physics, it is definitely possible. Plus, it can make for a unique and meaningful gift for someone who loves both science and romance.

4. Do I need to have a background in physics to understand a "Slightly Physics related valentine's poem"?

No, you do not need to have a background in physics to appreciate a "Slightly Physics related valentine's poem." The concepts used are usually simple enough for anyone to understand and appreciate the clever use of science in a romantic context.

5. Where can I find examples of "Slightly Physics related valentine's poems"?

You can find examples of "Slightly Physics related valentine's poems" online or by searching through poetry collections that focus on science and love. You can also try writing your own using some basic physics principles and your own creativity!