Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Slow/Ultra Slow Motion and Thread suggestion

1. Oct 19, 2011 #1

rhody

Gold Member

This thread may fall victim to the same fate as the Member Photo thread did. It is now being cleaned up by Mentors and members, thanks, Evo, MM, and anyone else who I may have missed by mistake.

To keep this from happening here how about this, give me permission to edit the first post, and to delete posts that have been consolidated there ? If anyone has a better idea, I am all ears. The idea being to keep things organized. Is it even possible given the tools built into the forum ? Comments on the posts would remain under the post at the top, there is a downside to this because you will not have a true linear thread layout, but in the interest of being organized, the tradeoff may be worth it.

Rhody...

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 19, 2011 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

No, we added pictures to the alphabetized thread, there is nothing wrong with the member photo thread and nothing is being done to it.

4. Oct 19, 2011 #3

rhody

Gold Member

Evo,

I understand, maybe I wasn't clear, if the slow motion thread has a long life and I hope it does, at some point it may become unwieldy. I thought it would be nice to have all the links in a single post or two.

My runway thread is a prime example that needs this treatment. There are probably one hundred or more links that could be organized into a single post. I don't mind doing it someday, and if you or another mentor would be so kind as to move it to be the first in the post order I would say the problem is solved, with little effort on your part. Does that work ?

Rhody...

5. Oct 19, 2011 #4

Evo

Staff: Mentor

No, we don't do that, take a look at the best songs thread, the caption competition thread, the youtube classic videos thread, etc...

6. Oct 20, 2011 #5

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

Am I missing something here.. that thread has 12 posts? I think it's safe to leave it for now; people can read through a thread of several pages if they are interested.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook