So I got pulled over for having a headlight out

• Thread starter Physics_UG
  • Start date
In summary: I am sorry I have dandruff. Apparently they didn't think dandruff could get that bad. In summary, the speaker was driving at night to blow off steam when they were pulled over for a headlight being out. The police searched the car and found white powder, assuming it was a narcotic. Despite the speaker's insistence, the police did not have the dog sniff the car and eventually let the speaker go. The speaker then shares their experience with having dandruff and apologizes for the inconvenience it may cause. The conversation also includes a discussion about using Betadine as a shampoo for skin conditions and the use of acid to treat severe dandruff.
Physics_UG
Gold Member
It was late at night on a weekday (tonight) and I was driving to blow off some steam. Well, I got pulled over for a headlight being out. They also searched my car and saw white powder all over my car believing it was a narcotic. They even called the K9 unit. I have psoriasis and have EXTREMELY bad dandruff but they didn't believe it was psoriasis/dandruff so they spent 10 minutes questioning me. I insisted they have the dog sniff my car but they wouldn't. Finally they let me go.

Anyways, that was the first time I had my car searched. I am sorry I have dandruff. Apparently they didn't think dandruff could get that bad.

Physics news on Phys.org
Physics_UG said:
I am sorry I have dandruff. Apparently they didn't think dandruff could get that bad.

Maybe you should bag it up and sell it to brain-dead addicts.

danger said:
maybe you should bag it up and sell it to brain-dead addicts.

lmao

It'll be a very heady drug. :biggrin:

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2011/01/23/fan_misakes_liam_gallaghers_psoriasis_

Last edited by a moderator:
When I had dandruff at school, kids used to come up behind me and scream "Avalanche!".

A drop or two of Betadine in my shampoo helps mine.

That is too funny! "Man arrested for cocaine just had dandruff"

I do sympathize, Physics and Cobalt, although I have to giggle a bit.
I have pretty severe eczema. Between me shedding skin and Lucy shedding fur, we have the whitest interior of any house in town.
Jim, what's Betadine? I use hydrocortisone on my skin, but it doesn't work in hair.

Danger said:
I do sympathize, Physics and Cobalt, although I have to giggle a bit.
I have pretty severe eczema. Between me shedding skin and Lucy shedding fur, we have the whitest interior of any house in town.
Jim, what's Betadine? I use hydrocortisone on my skin, but it doesn't work in hair.
BETADINE VAGINAL DOUCHE

http://www.walgreens.com/marketing/library/finddrug/druginfo1.html?id=625

Evo said:
BETADINE VAGINAL DOUCHE

http://www.walgreens.com/marketing/library/finddrug/druginfo1.html?id=625
Yes well...*deletes viewing history*

Evo said:
BETADINE VAGINAL DOUCHE

Hmmm... I might have inadvertently gotten that into my beard once or twice, but I never thought of using it as shampoo.

"A drop or two of Betadine in my shampoo helps mine."

How the @#$% did Jim Hardy find this out, or do we really want to know?

Danger said:
Hmmm... I might have inadvertently gotten that into my beard once or twice
LOL...

Carry on,

OCR

Why would they search your car just because a headlight was out?

At most, a burnt out headlight is a traffic ticket (and, given the fact that a headlight usually has to actually burn out before a driver would realize he needs to replace it, usually only a warning). That seems like a pretty flimsy reason to conduct a search of your car.

On a completely unrelated note, I did have my backpack searched while leaving a military base last week. I had a slide rule in my backpack. The security officer did want to know what it was and the reply, "It's a slide rule" didn't seem to help him much. But pulling it out of its case satisfied him that it wasn't a big knife, so I didn't wind up spread eagle on the ground. I did pull it out of the case in a slow and non-threatening way just to be safe, though.

Last edited:
Danger said:
Hmmm... I might have inadvertently gotten that into my beard once or twice, but I never thought of using it as shampoo.
But did it improve on the chin skin shedding? :bugeye:

BobG said:
Why would they search your car just because a headlight was out?
The OP said "driving to blow off some steam". Whatever that means, maybe the cops didn't appreciate it.

But you can't win. I once got pulled over for following a police car (driving significantly below the speed limit, presumably looking for something) with what the cops thought was too BIG a gap between my car and theirs for "normal driving". That's the reason they gave me for wasting my time, anyway.

dlgoff said:
But did it improve on the chin skin shedding?
I can't say. I have no idea as to whether or not I've actually been exposed because I don't know what it tastes like.

Danger, everything you've said and what's related to it will go down, in my book, as some of the greatest things I've ever read on this forum.

Edit: Seriously, though I have pretty bad dandruff, so any tips on how to keep my scalp from falling apart will be very useful indeed, so... carry on.

AlephZero said:
The OP said "driving to blow off some steam". Whatever that means, maybe the cops didn't appreciate it.

But you can't win. I once got pulled over for following a police car (driving significantly below the speed limit, presumably looking for something) with what the cops thought was too BIG a gap between my car and theirs for "normal driving". That's the reason they gave me for wasting my time, anyway.

I didn't tell them this. I told them I went out for coffee. Right after she told me my head light was out she asked if they could search my car. I should have told the them no.

ImATrackMan said:
Danger, everything you've said and what's related to it will go down, in my book, as some of the greatest things I've ever read on this forum.

Edit: Seriously, though I have pretty bad dandruff, so any tips on how to keep my scalp from falling apart will be very useful indeed, so... carry on.
Shave your head once a week and wash your scalp twice a day. It feels great.
The only chemical solution that I think could realistically work for me is some strong acid solution to melt my scalp down to the bone,

bp_psy said:
Shave your head once a week

Then that's what I'll do...

ImATrackMan said:
Thanks, but don't get too attached; I was warned several months ago that I'll be banned for life if I keep it up.
Bp_psy is correct about the scalp. I don't shave mine, since the raw bloody part of the eczema doesn't seem to advance far above my hairline on my forehead, but I do keep it very short. My shampoo is just Head and Shoulders, but I find it advantageous to use a good stiff brush while applying it. (Check with a doctor before doing that, though. It might cause injury in some cases.)

Evo said:
That is too funny! "Man arrested for cocaine just had dandruff"

LAWL. I'd laugh if that was actually published.

In the background of a picture associated with the article, you see the cops snorting it.

StevieTNZ said:
In the background of a picture associated with the article, you see the cops snorting it.

Next thing you know, they'll be staking out dermatology clinics...

Hey Danger...wazzup bro...

MARLON!
Man, I didn't know if you were even still alive. It's been (years?) since I've seen a post from you. Shoot me a PM so we don't derail this thread.

Last edited:
I have been dead, but brought back to life. And am a daddy now. I mean a real daddy, not just a Daddy, which I have always been. Thanks ladies...I know...

Are you on facebook?

ImATrackMan said:
... Seriously, though I have pretty bad dandruff, so any tips on how to keep my scalp from falling apart will be very useful indeed, so... carry on.
You sure it's dandruff and not a mild case of Ichthyosis?

Hope this Wikipedia pic isn't too graphic.

230px-Ichthyosis_2.jpg

Gross.

Evo said:
Gross.

But probably acceptable with a nice lemon marinade.

1. What should I do if I get pulled over for having a headlight out?

If you get pulled over for having a headlight out, the first thing you should do is remain calm and pull over safely to the side of the road. Turn off your engine and keep your hands visible on the steering wheel.

2. Is it illegal to drive with a headlight out?

Yes, it is illegal to drive with a headlight out. In most states, it is a traffic violation and can result in a fine or even a ticket. It is important to regularly check and maintain your vehicle's headlights to avoid this situation.

3. Can I get pulled over for having one headlight out?

Yes, you can get pulled over for having one headlight out. Even if it is just one headlight, it can still affect your visibility on the road and potentially cause accidents. It is important to have both headlights working properly at all times.

4. What are the consequences of driving with a headlight out?

The consequences of driving with a headlight out can vary depending on the state and the severity of the situation. It can result in a traffic violation, a fine, or even a ticket. In some cases, it may also affect your insurance rates.

5. How can I prevent getting pulled over for having a headlight out?

The best way to prevent getting pulled over for having a headlight out is to regularly check and maintain your vehicle's headlights. Replace any bulbs that are not working and make sure they are properly aligned. It is also a good idea to periodically clean your headlights to ensure maximum visibility on the road.