Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

So I got pulled over for having a headlight out

1. May 7, 2013 #1

Physics_UG

Gold Member

It was late at night on a weekday (tonight) and I was driving to blow off some steam. Well, I got pulled over for a headlight being out. They also searched my car and saw white powder all over my car believing it was a narcotic. They even called the K9 unit. I have psoriasis and have EXTREMELY bad dandruff but they didn't believe it was psoriasis/dandruff so they spent 10 minutes questioning me. I insisted they have the dog sniff my car but they wouldn't. Finally they let me go.

Anyways, that was the first time I had my car searched. I am sorry I have dandruff. Apparently they didn't think dandruff could get that bad.

2. jcsd
  3. May 7, 2013 #2

Danger

Gold Member

Maybe you should bag it up and sell it to brain-dead addicts.

4. May 7, 2013 #3

Physics_UG

Gold Member

lmao

5. May 7, 2013 #4

Curious3141

Homework Helper

It'll be a very heady drug. :biggrin:

6. May 7, 2013 #5

Physics_UG

Gold Member

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2011/01/23/fan_misakes_liam_gallaghers_psoriasis_ [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  7. May 7, 2013 #6

cobalt124

Gold Member

When I had dandruff at school, kids used to come up behind me and scream "Avalanche!!!".

8. May 7, 2013 #7

jim hardy

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

A drop or two of Betadine in my shampoo helps mine.

9. May 7, 2013 #8

Evo

Staff: Mentor

That is too funny!! "Man arrested for cocaine just had dandruff"

10. May 7, 2013 #9

Danger

Gold Member

I do sympathize, Physics and Cobalt, although I have to giggle a bit.
    I have pretty severe eczema. Between me shedding skin and Lucy shedding fur, we have the whitest interior of any house in town.
    Jim, what's Betadine? I use hydrocortisone on my skin, but it doesn't work in hair.

11. May 7, 2013 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

BETADINE VAGINAL DOUCHE

http://www.walgreens.com/marketing/library/finddrug/druginfo1.html?id=625 [Broken]

12. May 7, 2013 #11

WannabeNewton

Science Advisor

Yes well...*deletes viewing history*

13. May 7, 2013 #12

Danger

Gold Member

Hmmm... I might have inadvertently gotten that into my beard once or twice, but I never thought of using it as shampoo.

14. May 8, 2013 #13
    "A drop or two of Betadine in my shampoo helps mine."

How the @#$% did Jim Hardy find this out, or do we really want to know?

15. May 8, 2013 #14

OCR

LOL...

Carry on,

OCR

16. May 8, 2013 #15

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Why would they search your car just because a headlight was out?

At most, a burnt out headlight is a traffic ticket (and, given the fact that a headlight usually has to actually burn out before a driver would realize he needs to replace it, usually only a warning). That seems like a pretty flimsy reason to conduct a search of your car.

On a completely unrelated note, I did have my backpack searched while leaving a military base last week. I had a slide rule in my backpack. The security officer did want to know what it was and the reply, "It's a slide rule" didn't seem to help him much. But pulling it out of its case satisfied him that it wasn't a big knife, so I didn't wind up spread eagle on the ground. I did pull it out of the case in a slow and non-threatening way just to be safe, though.

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  17. May 8, 2013 #16

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

But did it improve on the chin skin shedding? :bugeye:

18. May 8, 2013 #17

AlephZero

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

The OP said "driving to blow off some steam". Whatever that means, maybe the cops didn't appreciate it.

But you can't win. I once got pulled over for following a police car (driving significantly below the speed limit, presumably looking for something) with what the cops thought was too BIG a gap between my car and theirs for "normal driving". That's the reason they gave me for wasting my time, anyway.

19. May 8, 2013 #18

Danger

Gold Member

I can't say. I have no idea as to whether or not I've actually been exposed because I don't know what it tastes like.

20. May 8, 2013 #19
    Danger, everything you've said and what's related to it will go down, in my book, as some of the greatest things I've ever read on this forum.

Edit: Seriously, though I have pretty bad dandruff, so any tips on how to keep my scalp from falling apart will be very useful indeed, so... carry on.

21. May 8, 2013 #20

Physics_UG

Gold Member

I didn't tell them this. I told them I went out for coffee. Right after she told me my head light was out she asked if they could search my car. I should have told the them no.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook