1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

So I was thinking about my future

1. Jul 31, 2011 #1

Char. Limit

Gold Member

First, I've almost decided that I want to be an electrical engineer, but I wanted to know this. First, as a former math major who is highly interested in signals processing, is that the right path for me? And then I got to thinking of how much money I'd need to make per year to support the way I want to live, and I figured I'd need probably around $50,000 to $60,000 per year, right off the bat. Can I get that much out of college with an EE degree?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 31, 2011 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Pff, how does someone your age need $60k a year to support their way of life??

4. Jul 31, 2011 #3

Char. Limit

Gold Member

It's not about where I am now, it's about where I want to be.

5. Jul 31, 2011 #4

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Pblackblack I say.

New york?

6. Jul 31, 2011 #5

Char. Limit

Gold Member

I'm thinking, house, car, food, electric bill, water bill, Comcast internet, top-of-the-line computer, it adds up.

But I took a look and I should be fine, I think.

7. Jul 31, 2011 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Yah that's pretty basic, you're missing a good deal of expenditures (and don't forget taxes!)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook