Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

So no philosophy here?

1. Dec 12, 2013 #1

rbj

so "no philosophy" here?

really??

Re: this thread closed by Evo. i think it's as legit a question as one about Multiverses or String Theory, both being quite speculative.

no philosophy of physics nor philosphy of science? no philosophy floating around in the Cosmology forum? nor the Beyond the Standard Model forum?

why do they call those credentials a "PhD"?

i think there is even a philosophy of engineering.

just curious.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2013 #2

turbo

Gold Member

With the "demise" of MIH, there is nobody here to moderate a philosophy sub-forum. Some mentors seem quite disinclined to tolerate a trend back there, sticking to hard sciences instead. When I studied philosophy 40+ years ago, the course structure was almost completely "comparative religion", so the speculative edges of that field were replaced by religious history. I really enjoyed that area of study.

4. Dec 13, 2013 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Sorry rbj, but due to the inability to keep "philosophy' under control, we finally had to make the decision to do away with the philosophy forum.

See one of the threads about it here.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=671896

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook