Solve Fourier Coefficients: Find Fn If f[t+T/2]=f(t)

  • Thread starter Thread starter chessmath
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Fourier
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 1K views
chessmath
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Hi
I am dealing with problem that says f(t)=ƩFn.exp(inwt) . f(t)=f(t+T)

show that if f(t)=f[t+T/2) then Fn is zero for odd n?

Attempt:

I wrote formula for Fn=1/T∫f(t).exp(-inwt) and then just replace f(t) by f(t+T). but I do not get anything, I do not know how I should approach this problem.
Any help would be highly appreciated?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
chessmath said:
Hi
I am dealing with problem that says f(t)=ƩFn.exp(inwt) . f(t)=f(t+T)

show that if f(t)=f[t+T/2) then Fn is zero for odd n?

Attempt:

I wrote formula for Fn=1/T∫f(t).exp(-inwt) and then just replace f(t) by f(t+T).

Try using f(t) = f(t + T/2).
 
How?
First change f(t)=f(t+T/2) and then calculate Fourier coefficient?
 
Problem is solved.Thanks.
is there anyway to mark post as solved or answered.