Solving a Motor Lift Problem: Find Out What You Need to Do

  • Thread starter Thread starter Liatana
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Work
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Liatana
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I can't solve this problem, please help me.

How long will it take a 1780 W motor to lift a 252 kg piano to a sixth-story window 15.8 m above?
what do i have to do?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Liatana said:
I can't solve this problem, please help me.

How long will it take a 1780 W motor to lift a 252 kg piano to a sixth-story window 15.8 m above?
what do i have to do?

What is the definition of power? Write it down and I'm sure you'll make progress.

Edit: you may find this useful: http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/gbssci/phys/CLass/energy/u5l1e.html" .
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Liatana said:
you mean p=W/t?

Yes, I mean P = W / t. Now, what does the work equal?