Solving Jet Plane Velocity and Acceleration using Physics Formulas

• Thread starter jmd0221
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding the x component of a jet plane's average acceleration during a specific time interval. The formula for this calculation is discussed and a resource is shared for further understanding. The person also requests for the steps to be shown.
jmd0221
Hi, I am stuck on this problem and its probably easier than I think, can anyone help?

At an air show, a jet plane has velocity components Vx= 625 and Vy= 415 at time 3.85 and Vx= 838 and Vy= 365 at time 6.52 .
For this time interval, find the x component of the plane's average acceleration?

What formula would I use?? Thank so much been on this question of 1hr now.. :)

Physics news on Phys.org
The x component of the acceleration is the amount by which the x component of the velocity has changed in this interval.

One is given two values for Vx at two times.

What is the relationship between average acceleration and change in speed over the change in time.

This might help.
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/acca.html

Please show the work.

Related to Solving Jet Plane Velocity and Acceleration using Physics Formulas

1. What is Mastering Physics?

Mastering Physics is an online learning platform created by Pearson Education to help students improve their understanding and mastery of physics concepts. It includes interactive tutorials, homework assignments, and assessments designed to enhance learning and provide feedback to students and instructors.

2. How can Mastering Physics help me with my physics studies?

Mastering Physics offers a variety of resources and tools to support students in their physics studies. These include interactive simulations, tutorial videos, and personalized homework assignments that adapt to each student's needs. It also provides instant feedback on their progress, allowing students to identify areas where they may need additional practice.

3. Can Mastering Physics be used with any textbook?

Mastering Physics is designed to be used with specific physics textbooks published by Pearson Education. However, it can also be used as a standalone resource for self-study or to supplement other textbooks. It is important to check with your instructor to see if Mastering Physics is required for your course.

4. Is Mastering Physics suitable for all levels of physics?

Mastering Physics offers resources for introductory, algebra-based, and calculus-based physics courses. It covers a wide range of topics and is suitable for students at different levels of physics knowledge. However, it is important to check with your instructor to see if Mastering Physics aligns with the curriculum of your specific course.

5. How can I access Mastering Physics?

Mastering Physics can be accessed through a web browser on any device, such as a computer, tablet, or smartphone. Students can purchase access codes through their campus bookstore or directly from the Mastering Physics website. Some textbooks may also come with a Mastering Physics access code included.