Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Sometimes my ideas work out better than I'd expected

1. Sep 26, 2008 #1
    Here's my suggestion to everyone here. If you are ever feeling down head to your friends list and just send a message to each of them. Doesn't matter what you say. I just said I was checking in and wondering if we were still friends. I wasn't feeling down when I did this, at least I don't think I was, but I feel SO MUCH BETTER now than I did before that I must have been. the people here (at least on my friends list) can somehow pick out the perfect words to say out of the infinite possibilities. I love my friends list's listed friends.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 26, 2008 #2

OmCheeto

Gold Member

Your friends are all girls. What are you, a misandryst?

Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them!

But I will take your advice and send a message to my friends. I may add a few tonight, whilst watching the first presidential debate of 2008. Much is going through their minds I'm sure, as is going through mine.

4. Sep 26, 2008 #3
    About that debate...I was watching on CNN, looks like Obama always had about a 20 percent audience preference over McCain. McCain was blinking A LOT, must have been quite nervous.

5. Sep 26, 2008 #4
    Probably because he sounds like a preacher yelling about doomsday.

6. Sep 26, 2008 #5

OmCheeto

Gold Member

That debate? It's still going on here on the pacific coast.

Old people blink more. They are more dried up. As in old prunes. Not to say that old prunes aren't a whole lot wiser than you are you non-blinking little whippersnapper!

ps. I tried PM'ing all my friends, but I ran out of original one-liners. I have failed.......

7. Sep 26, 2008 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Aww, but you got a new friend in the deal. :biggrin: tribdog could share my whining about filling out paperwork to get an exemption from filling out paperwork with you if you want. :uhh:

8. Sep 26, 2008 #7
    here's a secret. don't worry about being original. I cut and pasted the exact same thing to every one of them. As long as they don't talk to each other they'll never know my message wasn't for them alone, and what's the odds of them talking to each other?

Only girls want to be my friend for some reason. My mom says if someone doesn't want to be my friend it's their problem not mine because I'm special just the way I am.

9. Sep 26, 2008 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You wrote the same thing to everyone?! I'm crushed. :cry: I thought I was special, and now I find I'm just a form letter! :frown:

:tongue:

I think I'm going to go look for that special pickle jar in the Tiki Bar and just stare at it for a while to make me feel better again. :biggrin:

10. Sep 26, 2008 #9
    It was still going when I left...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?