Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Source of practice problems for algebra/analysis prelims

1. Nov 6, 2012 #1

thrill3rnit3

Gold Member

Hello all. I am preparing to take my math department's preliminary qualifying exam for pure math. It covers analysis and linear algebra. I have a good number of past papers but I was wondering if there is a good source, maybe a book or a website, for problems of similar difficulty.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 6, 2012 #2
    On a lot of math department websites, you can find lots of past analysis and algebra qualifying exams. So, distributed across the internet, I would suspect there is an almost unlimited supply.

4. Nov 7, 2012 #3

I don't know if this helps, but when I was in Calc III I bought (found in a bookstore) "The Advanced Calculus Problem Solver," from REA. I didn't know that "Advanced Calculus" meant analysis. It looks like it's a great source, though I'm not ready for it just yet.

Don't know if that's helpful but I thought I should mention it. It is a thick book with a ton of worked out problems.

Don't know about Linear algebra though...

-Dave K

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook