1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Source of practice problems for algebra/analysis prelims

1. Nov 6, 2012 #1

thrill3rnit3

Gold Member

Hello all. I am preparing to take my math department's preliminary qualifying exam for pure math. It covers analysis and linear algebra. I have a good number of past papers but I was wondering if there is a good source, maybe a book or a website, for problems of similar difficulty.

Thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 6, 2012 #2
    On a lot of math department websites, you can find lots of past analysis and algebra qualifying exams. So, distributed across the internet, I would suspect there is an almost unlimited supply.

4. Nov 7, 2012 #3

I don't know if this helps, but when I was in Calc III I bought (found in a bookstore) "The Advanced Calculus Problem Solver," from REA. I didn't know that "Advanced Calculus" meant analysis. It looks like it's a great source, though I'm not ready for it just yet.

Don't know if that's helpful but I thought I should mention it. It is a thick book with a ton of worked out problems.

Don't know about Linear algebra though...

-Dave K

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook