Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Stanford for 2 weeks, suggestions for a place?

1. Jul 18, 2010 #1

Pengwuino

Gold Member

So I'm going to visit SLAC for 2 weeks at the start of August and I was wondering if anyone happened to know some decent places for the 2 week stay? I'm probably mainly looking at motels/hotels but I don't know the area as well as some of you might. I'm working off $1k of grant money so that's a problem... although I know someone at SLAC that would room with me for the 2 weeks when he goes back up! So splitting the cost to a place is a nice option.... I just worry about getting a cheap motel and it turning out to be crumby and have to deal with it for 2 weeks...

Any takers/suggestions? :D

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 18, 2010 #2

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Some universities rent out the dorms for summer, not to just everyone but since you have a connection to the university you may qualify. You should check out that option.

Edit: try this -

http://www.stanford.edu/dept/rde/scs/individuals/index.html

Doesn't say they allow birds, though.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  4. Jul 18, 2010 #3
    I always stay at the Westin in Palo Alto, they allow pets, but it is a bit costly. The plus side is that its as close to Stanford U. as you can get. I would also suggest Lisab's idea.

5. Jul 18, 2010 #4

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

SLAC guest house.

6. Jul 18, 2010 #5

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Ah...housing for slackers.

7. Jul 18, 2010 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

The SLAC Guest house is booked up for the time i need :(

and dang, stupid PF wasn't insta-emailing me all these replies!

We're looking at the Camino Inn and Suites but I'm not sure if its too far out to be needing to go to SLAC 5 days a week and having to live there for 2 weeks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook