Statics and Mechanics question, for Engg 205 at U Calgary.

  • Thread starter Thread starter ps123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Mechanics Statics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
ps123
Messages
3
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



The 64-m-tall tower is supported by three cables that exert forces Fab,Fac,Fad and on it. The magnitude of each force is 2.52 kN. Express the total force exerted on the tower by the three cables in terms of components.

http://phga.pearsoncmg.com/phga2/web/BeEnMeSt001/Public_Html/Chapter02/aaccbhb0.jpg

Homework Equations


N/a


The Attempt at a Solution



I've tried to split them into their components so that I take every triangle and try to find the direction cosines and times that by the total magnitute to find the x, y and z magnitudes but I don't think that's right.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org